Turn on thread page Beta

Bored of drinking etc. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    solved

ReputationRep:
    Be who you want to be and stop giving a **** about what others think of you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do what you don't want to do!

Meet people who don't constantly drink!

:rofl: @ anon fail, never ceases to amuse!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that has happened to me, I thought getting drunk was so lame, and tedious. My friends on the other hand think it is fantastic. I dread going to uni, hopefully I will find some people with common ground.
    Luckily my mates haven't thought that I am boring cos I don't enjoy getting pissed, but there have been times they keep forcing me to drink alcohol and I had to pretend I was and started acting like I was drunk, which kinda pissed me off. I do not know why I did it.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't drink. Go out with them, even if they go to bars, and drink a soft drink or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah drinking is pretty boring.
    Find new interests.. start reading books, going to the gym, and arrange meeting your friends for things that are good without drinking loads.

ReputationRep:
    I've gone t-total this year and it's working splendidly for me. Go out with them, you don't HAVE to drink!

ReputationRep:
    Troll.

(Because you can never get bored of drinking ).

Srsly: I've never experienced that. And yes, it's nasty when you are hanging around with your friends and they're all drunk and you're not.

ReputationRep:
    If you're bored of drinking try some cocaine.
    **** is so cash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    I'm an 18 year old male and since about the age of 14, I've been known for someone who likes to go out i.e house parties, drinking, bars etc. however lately I'm slightly bored of it all. It was weird; I was drinking yesterday and just the thought of getting drunk felt so pointless. I suddenly feel I'd rather have an intelligent conversation with people rather than just mindless drunk talk which I've been doing for the last 3 or 4 years.

While some of you may not think of this as a problem, it's that pretty much all my friends and everyone in my college still enjoys what I liked a few years ago - just getting very drunk. In fact, I'm tempted to think that half the reason I don't enjoy drinking alcohol as much anymore is due to the fact that I seem more distant from the people I'm hanging around with when drunk, for the reasons mentioned above. I'm scared I'm becoming 'boring' (and a bad age for this to happen), and I don't want to feel like this it's just someone I've become.

Does anyone have any experiences with a similar thing? I know this is a bit blogish, I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice/opinions

Thanks

edit: anon fail :p:
    Get drunk. It will solve all your problems. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Most people eventually get bored with drinking. For me I got bored around 18-19 but I started drinking around 14 so my friends who started drinking later still like doing it. I gradually stopped drinking as much, now I'm 21 and hate clubbing and only drink at weddings/special occasions and sometimes wine with dinner. It happens to everyone eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Try new drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    Most people eventually get bored with drinking. For me I got bored around 18-19 but I started drinking around 14 so my friends who started drinking later still like doing it. I gradually stopped drinking as much, now I'm 21 and hate clubbing and only drink at weddings/special occasions and sometimes wine with dinner. It happens to everyone eventually.
    I agree with this. I pretty much abhor drinking, I can have a good time without it. I'm the same as you though, only drink wine for special occasions and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I still do it, but I agree it's something you grow out of. I would much rather go to a quiet pub, have a couple of pints and have a good laugh and conversation with friends than end up drinking all my recommended units for a week in about 6 hours.

ReputationRep:
    drinking is a waste of time and money......... :\

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider some magic mushrooms. You'll get some good conversations out of that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    I still do it, but I agree it's something you grow out of. I would much rather go to a quiet pub, have a couple of pints and have a good laugh and conversation with friends than end up drinking all my recommended units for a week in about 6 hours.
    I've never seen the sense in drinking yourself into oblivion when there are much cheaper ways to achieve the same kind of result. As you say, whenever I'm going out drinking with friends I'd rather do it at my own pace, in a pub where the drinks aren't completely watered down and not be expected to down shots and more drinks for no other reason than getting a bit drunker than I would be otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I became bored of drinking in my final year of uni, people said things like "you've changed", and "you're not fun any more". After two years of solid drinking, I had just had enough of it, it wasn't fun anymore. Now I'm doing a PhD, and don't have to time to go drinking any more, so it is actually becoming something I want to do again, mainly for the reason that I can't. I've had a few nights out, but I don't think I'll ever go back to being a 3 nights out a week, 3 days a week completely hungover type of person.
    Not drinking doesn't necessarily make you boring. Most people go out drinking, and doing what everyone else does is generally boring. If you want to spend your time doing something better, then you should do, there's not much point pleasing everyone else if you're not enjoying yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't go out drinking every night like most people on my course do. I get bored easily. One guy on my course, told me that I do not go out enough, okay I don't go out drinking lots but I do other things..

Spending too much time doing one thing is boring to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    I'm an 18 year old male and since about the age of 14, I've been known for someone who likes to go out i.e house parties, drinking, bars etc. however lately I'm slightly bored of it all. It was weird; I was drinking yesterday and just the thought of getting drunk felt so pointless. I suddenly feel I'd rather have an intelligent conversation with people rather than just mindless drunk talk which I've been doing for the last 3 or 4 years.

While some of you may not think of this as a problem, it's that pretty much all my friends and everyone in my college still enjoys what I liked a few years ago - just getting very drunk. In fact, I'm tempted to think that half the reason I don't enjoy drinking alcohol as much anymore is due to the fact that I seem more distant from the people I'm hanging around with when drunk, for the reasons mentioned above. I'm scared I'm becoming 'boring' (and a bad age for this to happen), and I don't want to feel like this it's just someone I've become.

Does anyone have any experiences with a similar thing? I know this is a bit blogish, I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice/opinions

Thanks

edit: anon fail :p:

Ah im exactly the same! I used to go out and get pissed all the time, and i loved it, but i remeber one night out in april i went out and stayed sober all night, and i found it was just as good or even better than it would be when i was drunk? as a result i havent been drunk since then, apart from on two occasions, and to be honest i hated the fact i was drunk.
    Now i work as a nightclub photographer every thurs/fri/sat night and i see loads of people all pissed, and im just thinking, what is the point of getting drunk really? I now see it as a waste of money with unnecessary side efects the next morning. Plus, while at work i obviously have to be sober, and i dont think all these pissheads realise how ANNOYING they are when they are pissed, and im sober! they are a nightmare!
    It is weird how my views on drinking changed and are extremely different to what they used to be, i used to be a right pisshead!!!

And yes i agree, im the same - for me its also just boring now - always the same thing, and i really dont understand when i see same people every week 3 nights a week - how the hell do they not get bored of this!

Sorry for an essay lol!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.