Turn on thread page Beta

How to regain confidence in looks and ability to get guys? watch

Announcements

Please keep anon as I know people who use this.

Basically, I'm not ugly by any means. I've been approached by modelling agencies in the past and often told that I should be a model. As far as I'm aware my appearance hasn't changed in any way, but I've gone from getting quite a lot of attention from guys to (or so it feels) not getting any.

Although I'm much more confident in myself as a person than I used to be, I seem to be much less confident in my ability to get guys. I feel fake having to flirt and, whilst I know people will say that you shouldn't have to, I can tell that it does make a difference. For instance, I have a friend who is attractive but I guess less attractive than me physically, but guys love her and I can see that it's because she gives them attention, flirts with them and makes them feel special.

Unfortunately I seem to be in a cycle of reinforcement, where, because I don't get attention, I don't feel attractive, so I can't approach men, and so on.

I guess i'm just looking for some tips on how to get out of this cycle? How can I feel attractive again? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You say you're attractive, yet jealousy is such an ugly trait.

The reason you're probabley not getting any attention now is because all the guys around you have already approached you and realised you wernt worth the effort.

Prehaps stop being so arrogant about your looks and instead work on your personality. Despite what many may think; most guys are interested in personality at least as much as looks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.