Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have a boyfriend, but falling for someone at uni... :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    slut.
    ahahaha...
    i hope you're joking idiot.

ReputationRep:
    this is were the relationship should end: he likes football.

ReputationRep:
    I would ditch John* but leave it a while before making a move on Ant*

ReputationRep:
    OP, you've already made up your mind. As far as I can see, you've posted an extremely biased post in the hope that a load of internet strangers will back up that opinion (although they have absolutely no true knowledge of the situation) to give you enough confidence to dump your boyfriend.

You've vilified this boyfriend enough to show you don't want to be with him, but don't make him out to be some vile cretin who you have to run away from. You're the one who's about to dump him so you can have a glorious life with someone you've just met while he picks up the pieces. THe way you make him out in the post, it's a wonder you didn't dump him a long time ago, so I'm sure it's nowhere near as bad.

But good luck with your propaganda all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_c)
    Break up with the boyfriend but don't jump straight into anouther relationship. It's unfair to both of you to do that, if you must do something at least take things very slowly.

Have you told your boyfriend what upsets you and has he made no effort to change. It seems you've already decided you don't want to continue the relationship with or without ant.
    This poster speaks sense :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, do not cheat on John..............i'd say break up with John and get together with Ant if as you say you are better suited.....

ReputationRep:
    The football thing is very immature of him, tbh, and it sounds as though you've already made up your mind, anyway. It's time to finish it.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of joke did you make bout the football to make hi say that? whatever it was it probably wasnt gonna lighten the mood. And do you really expect him to choose you over the worlds most played, watched and loved sport?

ReputationRep:
    Just be with the person who's the funnest and you feel best with
    Why do anything else?
    Honestly, OP, even if you don't know anyone like that right now, there's heaps of lovely, fun, exciting people around

Good luck with expelling John

ReputationRep:
    Im on team Ant...
    but then again, the grass always seems greener on the other side, maybe you just want what you cant have..If you dont see any long term prospects with John, then leave him, but not necessarily straight into Ant's arms..give yourself time to actually figure out what you want...You're young and should be enjoying life..do whatever feels right for the moment..

ReputationRep:
    John might be being a bit of a prick but please consider his feelings. Break up with him first.

ReputationRep:
    leave john go with ant

ReputationRep:
    Just not to say exactly what everyone else has said I'll just add that this happens quite a lot. As a friend (or a bit closer) with a person you feel great and are really happy but there's a MASSIVE difference between being friends and being boyfriend/girlfriend. It may work out for you, sure, but just don't think it will always be great because you have fun with Ant now; so much **** changes when you hook up with someone.

But, yes, don't stay with John if you don't like him. Dunno about going with Ant, probably should do it.

ReputationRep:
    Dump your BF. My GF and me are going to be 280 miles apart during uni and are arranging to take it in turns getting the train to each others every couple of weekends even though we are both financially broke and are having to work lots already to cover costs.

If we can be bothered to do that I see no reason why your BF can't get 1 hour up the road.

ReputationRep:
    You need to have a serious chat with "John" and tell him he needs to sort out his priorities...sounds like he needs something to shock him into realising how much you mean to him/what he risks losing by being such an ass! He should definitely be able to answer whether football or his gf are more important...football is an inanimate object! He needs to he can't treat you like that and get away with it. Serious chat...in person if possible!

I don't think you should just hop off with this Ant guy...it's wayyyyy too fast. Maybe it's just cos he's being nice to you in your time of need. Don't rush into it...and risk losing everything with John and then have it not work out with Ant. If things do end between you and John...give it some time before you get with someone else...there will probably be a few wounds to heal which will only heal while you're flying solo.

ReputationRep:
    Do whatever makes you happy.
    Which evidently seems to be Ant*

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with Ant. If he's good dump John, if not then just keep john.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, he's allowed to threaten to dump you over a joke about a football match, but you're not allowed to be upset that your best mate died?

I don't care who this Ant guy is - but John clearly isn't right for you.

Also, sorry about your friend :sad: I've been through something similar before so PM if you want to chat :console:

ReputationRep:
    Break things off with John but take it slowly with Ant; rebounds are never a good thing.

I think that im going through something similar.
    My current boyfriend of two and a half years (who i share a twin room with at uni) is nice, but we have been arguing a lot recently, and he gets overly angry. I met another person who i am friends with here, and I think I like him. He has been there for me, and helped me sort my mind out about my bf (who I am on a break with, as i told him i needed to sort my mind out). Weve got similar interests, and have spent quite a bit of time together having easy fun.

I know it will never go anywhere, but I know I am going to regret not telling the other guy how I feel. Im still not sure whaat to do about my vurrent boyfriend either. I think i still Love him, but i feel like our relationship is not as good as it was (even though we both started trying hard before)

Sorry for the rambling, im confused.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.