Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate people that are always late! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't MEAN to be late.

It depends where I'm going.
    I tend to be late for school since they treat us like prisoners,with giant gates and teachers guarding every corner.
    However, I'm terrified of being late anymore since if we're late 5 times per term we get community service...

ReputationRep:
    Lol I think the people on this thread need to chill out more :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    2 of my A-level teachers are normally around 3 minutes late to lessons. One of them tends to let us out of the lesson a couple of minutes late as well - it's like he has his own time zone that's a few minutes behind the real time! If a student is late to a lesson he says "Evening" when they come in, but I feel like saying that every time he arrives to the lesson because he's late more often than any of us! At first I thought it must have been because of the clock in the staff room being slow or something, but there's another teacher whose classroom is just across the corridor who usually lets her class in on time. My teacher must know the other one has left the staffroom on time, so he must know he's late but just doesn't seem to care. I know 3 minutes isn't much, but just the fact that they're late more often that they're on time is annoying!

Last year one of my friends seemed to be late to college every day of the week from what I heard! I only had one lesson with her per week that was first thing in the morning, but she was normally about 20 minutes late each time! This year I don't have any lessons with her at all so I don't know if she's imrpoved her punctuality

ReputationRep:
    My religion commands me to be at least 15 minutes late. Do you really want to insult me? Its my religion!

ReputationRep:
    well
    i hate when people make the 'but there was an enormous traffic down there' excuse - there's always a traffic somewhere, get yourself organised and leave 15 mins earlier, you lazy mother*******.

ReputationRep:
    i always used to be early, learnt my lesson and now i know to arrive late nowadays.

(Original post by ilovepolska)
    well
    i hate when people make the 'but there was an enormous traffic down there' excuse - there's always a traffic somewhere, get yourself organised and leave 15 mins earlier, you lazy mother*******.

Just seen what you said. For real, catching a bus in London is not easy and for me traffic is a real excuse and cannot be avoided.

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand why but it is really pointless wasting your energy further, getting so aggravated by it. To look at it from a different angle though, the late (often laid back people) probably find the anally retentive punctual ones irritating. Also the vast majority of the time these people have all good intents and purposes, they just find that their lives aren't predictable and on their way to preparing or actually arriving things happen which result in their arrival being stumbled.

ReputationRep:
    30 mins late isnt so bad right

ReputationRep:
    i dont plan anything and i have no idea why anyone would.

ReputationRep:
    I have a bloody annoying habit of being early to everything, cause I fret if I am/get late. Although latecomers don't bother me too much..

ReputationRep:
    I am always like 5 minutes late, somehow. I don't know how it happens but it always does. But I'm always there, and never much later than that.

People who just don't turn up after making plans, with no explanation, do annoy me a bit. I just stop doing stuff with them.

ReputationRep:
    I thoroughly detest lateness. One of my mates is always late, no matter what he's doing. Even if he's been sat at home all morning doing bugger all, he'll still be half an hour late to meet up in town or somewhere. And then they can't seem to understand why you would be pissed off at waiting around for 30 minutes on your own.

I don't mind people occasionally being late, I know things happen that you don't expect, like missing a bus, but people who are always late, year after year, time after time again... :mad:

I'm always late. Fashionably so. I make a point of not being on time.

ReputationRep:
    im late loads!
    but i spend ages trying to organise my time & making plans
    Its just that they fail.

ReputationRep:
    time management is so important in personal and professional life

ReputationRep:
    ahahah i'm always late for work. It's really hard when you are not born with good time keeping!

I hate it when people are early. I think its better to be on time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.