Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well i have acne & some acne bad scars. I was wondering if i could combine the use an acne cream (quinoderm) and an acne scar oil (bio oil)

NOTE: By combining i mean applying the bio oil throughout the day and then take a shower wash it of and before i go to bed apply some quinoderm can this work? or is it not recommended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)
    Well i have acne & some acne bad scars. I was wondering if i could combine the use an acne cream (quinoderm) and an acne scar oil (bio oil)

NOTE: By combining i mean applying the bio oil throughout the day and then take a shower wash it of and before i go to bed apply some quinoderm can this work? or is it not recommended

It's fine, I would do it the other way round though. Most creams have peroxide in them and it's not the best plan to be going near clothes / bedsheets with it on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    It's fine, I would do it the other way round though. Most creams have peroxide in them and it's not the best plan to be going near clothes / bedsheets with it on you.
    Thank you..anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put bio oil anywhere near my face.

ReputationRep:
    Cant you just let the scars naturally fade and go away?

Putting chemicals on your face can worsen or cause more spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Reason why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KadeK)
    Cant you just let the scars naturally fade and go away?

Putting chemicals on your face can worsen or cause more spots.
    Well im really sick of having these acne scars..specially as ive had them for a good 8 months

ReputationRep:
    I have a special gel called Dermatix which I got on prescription as otherwise its quite expensive.
    The Doctor told me to put on the acne cream at night and wait for it to dry and then put the gel on over the top to stop your skin drying out overnight but also for scar reduction. I also put it on a few mornings a week.

Bio Oil is the same effect though. I was told to put it on my face when I had surgery and scarring on my face so its definitely not a bad thing to put it on your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)
    Reason why?
    Because when I had acne putting oil on my face would give me even more spots. It might not for you, but I'd be wary of it.

Antibiotics, a prescribed cream from the doctor & a good skin care regime cleared up perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    First try and prevent the acne, then attempt to get rid of the scars. Have you seen the doctor about your acne if it is seriously getting you down? He will prescribe some medication for it. It seems as though people are 50/50 with bio-oil. It depends on the skin type. Also you could use olive oil, it really does lighten the scars.

ReputationRep:
    What type of acne scars do you have? Depressed scars or just discolouration?

ReputationRep:
    bio oil works for some but for others it just makes it worse. I'm allergic to it so it gave me lots of spots. If I were you I wouldnt bother getting it because noticeable change can take two or three months.

ReputationRep:
    Sudocrem will sort it out

ReputationRep:
    don't use bio oil unless you're sure your acne has disappeared... also have you seen your gp yet about acne, quinoderm didnt work for me at all, you should get some prescription stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good1m8)
    What type of acne scars do you have? Depressed scars or just discolouration?
    pretend he has both, im interested in seeing your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)

Bio-Oil takes months and months, and it's not for severe/new scars. It's also oil, which doesn't bode well for your acne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reaper4432)
    Sudocrem will sort it out
    Ageed!

Sudocream, AKA baby bum cream, is brilliant. You won't get more spots from it, it's antibacterial, and it'll even out skin tone. Miracle cream, I swear by it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    pretend he has both, im interested in seeing your reply
    Why?

But I will then for you.

If you have depressed scars ( Atrophic ), then nothing you can apply topically will improve these, unless they are very shallow in which case some topicals can help, such AHA products ( alpha hydroxy acids ).

Skin peels are also an option such as TCA cross, glycolic acid, which will peel of the top layers of skin making the appearance of scars light and more levelled.

You can get a topical retinoid called retin -a which can be prescribed by a GP. Some people have had their scars made worse by using this though.

If they are deep scars then there are a number of surgical options, which you can discuss with a dermatologist.

The most appealing treatment to me is something called Dermaroller, whcih is a CIT product ( collagen induction therapy ). You roll it over the skin and it makes hundreds of tiny pin pricks under the skin promoting the production of collagen.

If they are red marks, then they are not scars, although they can last a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manDarinka)
    why? isnt it supposed to work magic as it says in an advert? it actually doesnt say what EXACTLY it is supposed to help with, which is a bit confusing. says more like " treatment for everything".
    Hai ;]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.