Turn on thread page Beta

I'm always tired! :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I find that I'm tired all the time. I've always been a big fan of sleeping and I'd say my average bed time is ten o clock or half ten, but lately i've been needing more and more sleep to feel fresh during the day. If i don't have a minimum of nine to ten hours then my eyes are itchy from tiredness and my concentration completely goes. I also find if i don't wake up naturally then I'm a lot grumpier and less productive for the day (though then again i dont know anyone who is a fan of the alarm clock). But it's just that lately its been getting worse and worse. Anyone have any tips? My friend's just the same and tried taking vitamin c tablets but she says it made no difference.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're a girl, I would recommend making sure you have enough of an iron intake?
    Also, do even a little bit of exercise, makes you feel magic :love:

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem too...I always have to sleep when I get in at about half 4 otherwise I'll be aseep by about 8. "/ Don't know what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor to see if there is anything bigger going on.

But in the meantime, are you getting enough iron? Do you eat enough red meat and leafy green vegetables - and if not, maybe considering taking multivitamins with extra iron.
    Are you eating enough, too, and having a balanced diet?
    Exercise is always good, as somebody above mentioned, and can help with sleeping issues.
    And make sure you're getting enough water, too.

What happens when you try to control your sleep - say, making a routine of getting eight hours and sleeping those eight hours. Trying to be in bed, lights and any stimuli off by about 12, and wake up every day at eight? Sometimes, having too much sleep can lead to further tiredness.

Anyway, take care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly_v)
    I find that I'm tired all the time. I've always been a big fan of sleeping and I'd say my average bed time is ten o clock or half ten, but lately i've been needing more and more sleep to feel fresh during the day. If i don't have a minimum of nine to ten hours then my eyes are itchy from tiredness and my concentration completely goes. I also find if i don't wake up naturally then I'm a lot grumpier and less productive for the day (though then again i dont know anyone who is a fan of the alarm clock). But it's just that lately its been getting worse and worse. Anyone have any tips? My friend's just the same and tried taking vitamin c tablets but she says it made no difference.
    I think you have anemia, tiredness, lack of concentration are common symptoms. I recommend you get an appointment with your GP to check this out. Where they should give you a blood test if anemia is suspected.

Try to eat eggs or spinach, eggs has iron and vitamin B12, while spinach has those 2 and vitamin C .

Hmm with vitamin c, it is used only to help absorb iron and can treat only some types of anemia but not all.

Are you a vegetarian?

Also, try to keep your sleeping pattern regular and make sure your room is well oxgenated and not too warm, as lack of oxygen can make you more sleeping and harder for you to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    You need something to wake up for which will motivate you to get out of bed and a sensible time to go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)

Are you a vegetarian?

Also, try to keep your sleeping pattern regular and make sure your room is well oxgenated and not too warm, as lack of oxygen can make you more sleeping and harder for you to wake up.
    Well i'm definitely not a veggie. I try to eat lots of fruit, veg, etc. but I'm a sucker for sunday lunches and that type of thing so i probably don't always eat the healthiest of diets.

And i could probably air my room out more than i do already. I tend to keep my windows tight shut to keep out the cold just 'cus i love the warm but that also means i get no fresh air in quite a lot of the time... maybe i'll try airing it out a bit more, especially in the mornings when i need to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly_v)
    Well i'm definitely not a veggie. I try to eat lots of fruit, veg, etc. but I'm a sucker for sunday lunches and that type of thing so i probably don't always eat the healthiest of diets.

And i could probably air my room out more than i do already. I tend to keep my windows tight shut to keep out the cold just 'cus i love the warm but that also means i get no fresh air in quite a lot of the time... maybe i'll try airing it out a bit more, especially in the mornings when i need to wake up.
    Good but still go get an appointment with a GP as it best to double check.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.