Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour battles back - possibility of a hung parliament or Labour majority heightens! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anything but Labour for me. This country needs change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alecangeltess)
    In 2 opinion polls published today, it came to light that Labour are on an excellent increase.

The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/elec...oll-shows.html

YouGov Poll shows only a 7 point lead for the Tories, meaning a hung parliament if replicated on May 6th.

Sky: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...15538571?f=rss

Ipsos MORI poll, the same that showed devastating results for Labour in December, now shows a six point increase for the party, with only an 8 point lead for the Tories.

Most crucially however, is this, indicating a Labour majority for another 5 years:

"The headline figures were based on the 52% of those quizzed who said they were certain to vote.

But if all 78% who expressed a preference were included, the Tory lead drops to just 4% - 38% to 34%.

That would leave Labour as the largest party and could pave the way for Mr Brown to remain in Downing Street.

He would control 300 seats, compared to 278 for the Conservatives and 38 for the Lib Dems."

With Cameron's policies becoming heavily scrutinised, and even a great deal of rightists shunning a progressive Conservative Party, along with a general backlash, most notably across the Internet, against the Conservatives, it looks likely these uncertain of voting will - to keep the Tories out.

Thoughts? Personally I'm elated.
    Is this increase outside of the error bounds? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    No, every country followed the Bank of England's monetary policies. Brown was the messenger.

Can you name me a policy which Brown came up with that every other country followed? If not, please stop regurgitating Labour speeches.
    Oh sure. Go on paddy, follow the Bank. Such lovely people, Bankers are. They have surved this country so well for us, in these past few years. They really do deserve those bonuses, also.

I don't know where you are getting that from, but all i can say is, stop listening to that Banker friend of yours. Or are you training to be a banker? Or is daddy a banker?...going off subject here, but oh well. Maybe if you stopped reading The Sun, i'll stop regurgitating Labour and their lovely speeches.

ReputationRep:
    Added to that, conservatism is also morally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak56)
    I'm shocked at the amount of rubbish you take in from the scummiest of human beings.
    Who is this scummiest of human being? Harsh words there, very harsh.
    I would never think of calling a human scummy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    Eeeer. What was the point in that link? My point was that this recession has been one of the shortest. The one in 80s, when the conservatives where in charge lasted for years. The media has chosen to back the Conservatives (because the people who run the bbc are obviously bloody posh). Remember when Allen Sugar said about the media 'working for the conservatives'? Well, you obviously shouldn't take everything they say serious, should you? Use your own mind, come up with your own opinions. You don't have to copy what the BBC says you know.
    Hun, by your twisted logic in the above post, standing up for animal rights would be believing in everything that Hitler says.

The reason that there hasn't been a recession for a while is because Thatcher and Major between then secured the economy - Labour scrapped all Labour's economics and jumped on Majors ship of prosperity. Unfortunatly, Labour didn't know how to steer that ship and therefore crashed it.

The conservatives now are not the same as the ones 29 years ago lol.

That you assume the Conservatives are a party for posh people betrays your childish preconceptions, your lack of any socio-economic knowledge, and your lack of clear thought. Do stop talking politics, you're making yourself look silly.

Perhaps you shouldn't listen to everything Alan Sugar says lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He did. The Bank of England predicted it, and I imagine most other national banks did. He couldn't have stopped it, but he certainly shouldn't have sold our gold. He was advised by the Bank of England not to. He ignored them, sold the gold, lost £2bn in the process, and then spent 18 months trying to block any newspaper from publishing the fact.

That's £2bn and a cheeky bit of censorship on top. How can he just brush that off without even an apology? That's our money that he takes from us when we get paid, when we earn interest, when we sell shares, when we buy food, when we inherit, when we buy a house, when we do anything. And this man is apparently an economic genius?

No can you tell me how he acted fast and pragmatically? What exactly did he do? Because those words sound suspiciously like something out of a Labour speech of bull.

In case you were wondering though, it wasn't me who negged you. I don't neg people for a having a different opinion.
    Anyone who whos does, has done or even know about economists would know that they always differ in views. saying he should have listened to the BoE isnt an argument when im 100% sure there other economists saying the opposite. Also why would you rate his economist abilities low? because he made a few bad decisions, show me an economist whos been right most the time because i dont think one exists.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sure. Go on paddy, follow the Bank. Such lovely people, Bankers are. They have surved this country so well for us, in these past few years. They really do deserve those bonuses, also.

I don't know where you are getting that from, but all i can say is, stop listening to that Banker friend of yours. Or are you training to be a banker? Or is daddy a banker?...going off subject here, but oh well. Maybe if you stopped reading The Sun, i'll stop regurgitating Labour and their lovely speeches.
    You are such an idiot. I've never said that to someone on TSR before, but seriously.

THE BANK OF ENGLAND is not the same as an investment bank, high street bank or hedge fund - the people that work there are in the public sector and are not one of the bankers that you have been taught to hate by newspapers.

And you have been telling other people in this thread to stop believing everything they read.

You are the equivalent of people who hate on paediatricians because of all the news stories about paedophiles.

Incidentally, I would bet money that you have no idea what caused the economic crisis. And bankers to serve the country, in that they are amongst the highest earners and so contribute the most in taxes. You pluck out the financial services industry from this country and we would collapse.

ReputationRep:
    Cameron is one slimy figure, Brown seems to be the lesser of two evils...would rather have Hague for PM though at least he meant what he said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Anyone who whos does, has done or even know about economists would know that they always differ in views. saying he should have listened to the BoE isnt an argument when im 100% sure there other economists saying the opposite. Also why would you rate his economist abilities low? because he made a few bad decisions, show me an economist whos been right most the time because i dont think one exists.
    I think Mervyn King has been right most of the time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by paella)
    Hun, by your twisted logic in the above post, standing up for animal rights would be believing in everything that Hitler says.

The reason that there hasn't been a recession for a while is because Thatcher and Major between then secured the economy - Labour scrapped all Labour's economics and jumped on Majors ship of prosperity. Unfortunatly, Labour didn't know how to steer that ship and therefore crashed it.

That you assume the Conservatives are a party for posh people betrays your childish preconceptions, your lack of any socio-economic knowledge, and your lack of clear thought. Do stop talking politics, you're making yourself look silly.

You believe that if Tories had stayed in government we would not have gone into recession?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alecangeltess)
    There is a list of reasons why NOT to vote for the Conservatives but it's so big it won't fit! So I'll have to post a link - sorry to nonFacebook users.

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?...id=40556497527

Click on read more.
    That group has no idea. Why people believe idiots like that I don't know.

ReputationRep:

Oh, no. I don't assume that the torys are a party for posh people. I merley stated that, it is quite well known that the BBC have always backed the conservatives, and it is also well known that the people who run the BBC are quite high in class.

I like talking politicts, i don't mind if i look silly. And no, i don't know much at all about socio-politics, im just a 16 year old girl. You don't have to listen to me, as you yourself made out, i know nothing. Im just stating my opinion. (however i do have clear thought, where you came to the conclusion that my thoughts are somewhat clouded, i don't know :|)

And no, i rarely listen to what Sugar says, apart from in the Apprentice.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* hope that these polls are errors or that they will change again in the next few months. I blame the idiotic Cameron posters.

Anyone who actively defends this Labour government is a moron. I mean, even if you believe in left-wing economics, social mobility has decreased under Labour and education just gets ******* and *******. There's practically no ideological difference between the main parties now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    You believe that if Tories had stayed in government we would not have gone into recession?
    Who knows, there are too many variables. I am saying that the economy was good when Labour came in, now it is very bad. I also know that Labour's current economic policies will not work well at all.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, no. I don't assume that the torys are a party for posh people. I merley stated that, it is quite well known that the BBC have always backed the conservatives, and it is also well known that the people who run the BBC are quite high in class.

I like talking ****, i don't mind if i look silly. And no, i don't know much at all about socio-politics, im just a 16 year old idiot. You don't have to listen to me, as you yourself made out, i know nothing. Im just stating my opinion. (however i do have clear thought, where you came to the conclusion that my thoughts are somewhat clouded, i don't know :|)

And no, i rarely listen to what Sugar says, apart from in the Apprentice.
    Fixed
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Who knows, there are too many variables. I am saying that the economy was good when Labour came in, now it is very bad. I also know that Labour's current economic policies will not work well at all.
    So wait your willing to say that there exists many variables hence you cant predict the outcome, yet for labour (itself 1 variable) you can deduce with confidence that they caused the recession. Thats a bit of a contradiction aint it.

ReputationRep:
    You are such an idiot. I've never said that to someone on TSR before, but seriously.

THE BANK OF ENGLAND is not the same as an investment bank, high street bank or hedge fund - the people that work there are in the public sector and are not one of the bankers that you have been taught to hate by newspapers.

And you have been telling other people in this thread to stop believing everything they read.

You are the equivalent of people who hate on paediatricians because of all the news stories about paedophiles.

Incidentally, I would bet money that you have no idea what caused the economic crisis. And bankers to serve the country, in that they are amongst the highest earners and so contribute the most in taxes. You pluck out the financial services industry from this country and we would collapse.
    Maybe i am an idiot when it comes to politics... I don't know, i don't really care. No need to get all high and mighty. Don't call me an idiot though. :/ I am a bit of a plonker when it comes to economics. Arts and literature interest me more.. Don't be so harsh, though. People get so irate on here, the only reason that im bothering to answer is that im ill and stuck in bed. Im just trying to say some good points about labour, as they aren't that bad at all. My god, people can be intense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    There's practically no ideological difference between the main parties now anyway.
    Well, there is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by caroline147)
    I ******* hope that these polls are errors or that they will change again in the next few months. I blame the idiotic Cameron posters.

Anyone who actively defends this Labour government is a moron. I mean, even if you believe in left-wing economics, social mobility has decreased under Labour and education just gets ******* and *******. There's practically no ideological difference between the main parties now anyway.
    That doesnt make much sense (unless you vote for a extremely minority party), according to your last line then defending Lib dems & tories would also be moronic. Can i assume you wont eb voting for either of the 3?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.