Turn on thread page Beta

Belgium and Laptops watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl !

I am going to Belgium this semester and I need a laptop (my new laptop was stolen by my evil sister). Anyway does anyone know what are the prices there ? is it more cheaper or better ? If anyone is a Belgian citizen please advice me with a gd store

I have no idea if it is worth to get one there ... So any useful info plzz :p:

Thanx in Advance
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Well pounds and euros are almost 1:1 nowadays and VAT is higher in Belgium, so I'd guess it's probably going to be cheaper buying over here. Why not look for some stores online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Well pounds and euros are almost 1:1 nowadays and VAT is higher in Belgium, so I'd guess it's probably going to be cheaper buying over here. Why not look for some stores online?
    I tried to looks for some stores ... But it wasn't productive
    Plus I am not living in UK (actually now I am in middle east) ! So I have no idea how much laptops cost in Europe .. My previous laptop was from USA shipped by my friend here , so it was pretty cheap...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.O.N.D.E.R)
    I tried to looks for some stores ... But it wasn't productive
    Plus I am not living in UK (actually now I am in middle east) ! So I have no idea how much laptops cost in Europe .. My previous laptop was from USA shipped by my friend here , so it was pretty cheap...
    one thing to consider when shipping from abroad is import tax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    one thing to consider when shipping from abroad is income tax
    yea , i know that .. but i am not shipping laptop from abroad ! I want to buy it directly from Belgium , but I want to know if its cheaper or more expensive than other countries ?

ReputationRep:
    from looking around on a few websites, it seems it is more expensive in belgium.

if you want a cheap laptop look towards america?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.O.N.D.E.R)
    yea , i know that .. but i am not shipping laptop from abroad ! I want to buy it directly from Belgium , but I want to know if its cheaper or more expensive than other countries ?
    ok, but if you go to belgium, but it, and bring it back, i believe you will have to pay inport tax if you have the box, instructions and all the packaging. however, if you only keep the laptop and the charger, they wont know you bought it in belgium and thus wont have to pay#

also consider you will need a power adaptor for the mains plug

ReputationRep:
    ok, but if you go to belgium, but it, and bring it back, i believe you will have to pay inport tax if you have the box, instructions and all the packaging. however, if you only keep the laptop and the charger, they wont know you bought it in belgium and thus wont have to pay#

also consider you will need a power adaptor for the mains plug

they really won't care if she brings a laptop back, even if its still in its packaging. if she was bringing 100 back then yeh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    they really won't care if she brings a laptop back, even if its still in its packaging. if she was bringing 100 back then yeh.
    Yea, I think they wont care ...Actually I was thinking to get one without paying the Tax, or to get Tax refund as a not EU citizen.. But I still need to find exact policy for visa D carriers

ReputationRep:
    one thing to consider when shipping from abroad is income tax
    What on earth has income tax got to do with anything?
    Income tax is what your pay on your, erm, income?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.