Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am applying to medicine and as if that isn't already stressful enough I keep getting told to apply to student finance.

Could someone help me clear a few doubts that I have regarding this, as I understand it there are:

Tuition Fee load
    Maintenance Grant
    Maintenance Load (dependant on Maintenance Grant)
    Travel Grants

All this is paid by Student Finance England right?

1. So what about university bursaries? When do I apply?
    2. Do I apply to travel grants at the same time as when I am applying to Tuitions fees etc..?
    What if I don't decide to take a electives year abroad?
    What qualifies me for this grant?
    3. NHS Bursaries: What are they? When do I get them? Are they dependant upon anything else I am getting? Do I have to pay it back?

4. What if after I applied I get no offers? Can I cancel my application?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    No such thing as travel grants!
    maintenance grants are dependent on making a parents income assessed application, as are university grants, which are assessed automatically when you apply for an income assessed loan. If you don't apply for an income assessed loan you aren't considered for a university grant.
    If you're applying for medicine you should be able to get your head around this site

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/index.htm

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.