Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sold a few items on ebay and the money is in my paypal.

When can i take this out and put it into my bank?

Do i have to wait until i receive feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King CalZ)
    Sold a few items on ebay and the money is in my paypal.

When can i take this out and put it into my bank?

Do i have to wait until i receive feedback?
    From what I remember you can take it out as soon as you get it. Though I'd leave it in there until you've got the feedback just to make sure everything is fine.

If you have the account where you take more than 2 payments a year, it's quite expensive to withdraw it to your bank account, so I used to just leave it in paypal then whenever I wanted to buy something online I could without paying the somewhat extortionate fees paypal charges to transfer your own money.

ReputationRep:
    I just sold a couple of things on eBay using Paypal and wishing I hadn't. You can't access your money for 21 days, unless you've been given positive feedback or can prove the item arrived. eBay final value fees are bad and according to Thud Paypal take even more to transfer it to your bank. Paypal are owned by eBay so they're effectively charging you twice.

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember if you're new to ebay and have less than 10 positive feedback, you have to wait until you receive positive feedback from the person you sold your item to.

As for transferring your money to your bank account, I think it's free, but Paypal do charge you a percentage when the money first comes into your paypal account. (3.4% i think)!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou. Will wait until i get some feedback.

ReputationRep:
    hey king i sell stuff on ebay once you money appearing in paypal account then you simply click withdraw it takes 5 workings days to appear in your bank. hopw this helps

ReputationRep:
    If its something like 150 euros and you withdraw you won't have to pay an fee, if not wait a bit until you reach 150 and then withdraw, you need to have a bank accound though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.