Turn on thread page Beta

How much do unis look at attendence and lateness? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any lessons on fridays , i just have to go and register but i'm thinking of just skiving off the all day every 2 weeks or summat. I would like to know whether unis care about low attendence and lateness even if u have good grades? Low attendence as in like 80%.... And in particular medical schools!

Thanks

* I'm in still school!! I mean i don't have school lessons on fridays....

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for medical schools but in chemical & process engineering we have to sign into lectures, and I think if you miss more than 3 lectures from a module without justification the maximum mark you're able to attain is 40%, even if your actual mark is something good like a 2:1 or a 1st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A100whoo)
    I don't have any lessons on fridays , i just have to go and register but i'm thinking of just skiving off the all day every 2 weeks or summat. I would like to know whether unis care about low attendence and lateness even if u have good grades? Low attendence as in like 80%.... And in particular medical schools!

Thanks
    If you're late for lectures it's a little embarrassing but they won't care.

Missing seminars/workshops etc where they take registers might be noticed if you really take the piss.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff has the marvellous 'failure to engage' policy, where if we don't turn up two weeks in a row without any justification we get a letter; if we don't respond to that (probably with some reason about why we've missed so many lectures/seminars) they can kick us off the course with no arguments.

I don't, however, think it's the same in medicine here - my engineer housemates don't seem to have it, while those of us in the house doing humanities are bound to it. My attendance last semester was "shoddy" at best, so I'm trying to do better this time round - so far, 1 week of full attendance. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't know i was supposed to sign this thing in some building every week, i haven't done it for the last month and i was sent an email the other day that the 'withdrawal of services' will begin if i fail to sign it next week! D:

ReputationRep:
    I think OP is talking about school attendance and uni applications. I would like to the answer to this too because I like to take study days

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine school attendance would only be an issue if your referee put it on the UCAS reference, although more likely they just won't describe you as "punctual" or whatever.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.