ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leonb2273)
    If you want to use solutionbank on IE9:

1) Open Internet Explorer
    2) Tools -> Compatibility View Settings
    3) Check 'Display all websites in Compatibility View'
    4) Close Internet Explorer and run Solution Bank as normal
    OMG! this actually works. Thanks with thumbs up
    I couldn't figure out why the cd didn't work but now after doing this, it does! Thanks once again...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why but clicking the solution bank on my computer opens up the adobe reader, which then states it can't be read...

Tried changing the compatibility on the EI but no luck in reading the solutions as it still uses Adobe to do so. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GentooPenguin)
    Not sure why but clicking the solution bank on my computer opens up the adobe reader, which then states it can't be read...

Tried changing the compatibility on the EI but no luck in reading the solutions as it still uses Adobe to do so. Any advice?
    You could try opening IE, and then going to File -> Open, and then navigating to the folder where the solutionbank is (D:\content\sb\content\), where you can access the html files for each question directly. The file name syntax differs for each CD sometimes, but the file for the question you want will have the exercise code (1A, 1B ,etc.) and the question number somewhere in the file name. Once it has loaded, you should be able to access any other question from the interface provided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leonb2273)
    You could try opening IE, and then going to File -> Open, and then navigating to the folder where the solutionbank is (D:\content\sb\content\), where you can access the html files for each question directly. The file name syntax differs for each CD sometimes, but the file for the question you want will have the exercise code (1A, 1B ,etc.) and the question number somewhere in the file name. Once it has loaded, you should be able to access any other question from the interface provided.
    Oh gosh! Thank you so much! Been trying to resolve it for 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    i have a C2 solution bank which does not work.... someone pls help me..... it is urgent..... .. when i open it... it says solution bank only works for internet explorer v6 or higher... but mine is internet explorer 11.... i have tried changing but still i get a blank internet explorer page.... soo pls help.. pls pls..

i have tried everything that people said but it still dont work.... the previous post says going to IE and clicking file... but there isnt an option called open in my IE... Pls i need urgent help from some genius....

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem. I have found the solution.

- Open IE9
    - Press F12 to open developer console
    - On the developer console window, there are two tabs call Browser Mode and Document Mode.
    - Click on Browser mode and select IE9 Compat View, once done, then click on Document Mode and select Quirks

Once you have done this, save the settings, the D:\content\sb\content\.... .html will now work.

Final note: I am not a happy bunny as it took one evening to resolve this technical issue instead of studying!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.