Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies of TSR...whats your upper lip ritual? watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I don't do anything. I have quite dark hair but you can't see it on my face unless you're looking VERY carefully. Maybe when I'm old I'll have to do something but I'm fairly low maintenance so I'm happy to wait until that day.
    :ditto: this
    Met up with a friend once after about a year, had never noticed any hair on her upper lip until that day...she'd bleached it which looked terrible and really noticeable

threading kills....so I wax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Nope. :no:
    :eek: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to do anything.

But I don't get girls that bleach it, you end up looking like santa's wife
    Just wax it off girls!

ReputationRep:
    I dont actually need to, is it very common?

I wax once a month then i thread in between - the more you do this the less will grow.
    Also ive been told by my beauty therapist that if you thread really really hard aganist the skin like painfully hard and really fast - it wont grow for ages and if you kepp doing this like continuouslu along with wxing it will minimise how much grows back.

Happy waxing and theading girls!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't do anything..

ReputationRep:
    I thread every 2 weeks or so. I don't really do anything in between. However if there is a couple of hairs that are annoying I just pluck them out. It's mostly the hair that grows towards the outside that annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    I did.
    The fact you need to remove hair from your lips is disgusting
    She doesn't mean ON the lips, she means above the lips i.e. the mustache.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I'm fairly hairless in general (except my head ), don't even wax/shave my legs and they look perfectly smooth.

ReputationRep:
    nothing don't need2 Thank God!
    just extremley light few hairs which are barely noticeable match my skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    I did.
    The fact you need to remove hair from your lips is disgusting
    Every single person has some light hair all over their face, called vellus hair I think. Even children do.
    Personally I dislike hair on my upper lip, even the most tiny amount. I have seen so many women out there that think they don't have anything to worry about but in actaual fact they could do with getting the hair removed. Mostly it's only visible in the sunlight but still I'd get it removed.

OP, I sometimes wax but I also thread it too as its simpler. Don't need to do it that often which is good. Maybe once every 5-6 weeks, longer if I wax it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    nothing don't need2 Thank God!
    just extremley light few hairs which are barely noticeable match my skin colour.
    I think every women needs to no matter how light the hair.

I don't have too (Im dark skinned) But I wax them off anyway

ReputationRep:
    I use cream probably about once every 3 months

I don't *strictly* need to, but when I was about 12 someone made a comment, and it has literally scarred me for life haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kara_Adams)
    I think every women needs to no matter how light the hair.
    No they dont i've only got like 3 hairs on each side which I can barely notice with magnifying mirror and whats the point going through that hassle if its hardly going2 make any difference for me.
    maybe different4 you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    No they dont i've only got like 3 hairs on each side which I can barely notice with magnifying mirror and whats the point going through that hassle if its hardly going2 make any difference for me.
    maybe different4 you.
    Maybe. But I can't imagine it being that much hassle if it's just 6 hair
    It'll take 10 seconds to pluck out but it's your face, if you're happy then that's the most important thing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says, whats your upper lip ritual?

Are you a waxer, threader, shaver? (dear god I hope there are no shavers)
    Which is your preferred method? Which one lasts the longest?
    What do you do on in-between days?

(and yes I have used the search function, but the other threads weren't that useful!)

and I heard that waxing 'ages' the skin? :eek: is this true? I used to wax, but I was fed up of having to wait a couple of weeks for the hair to grow to get the next wax so I taught myself how to thread, which has been great for in-between days. Won't threading also cause the skin to age too?
    I do, lol but im having laser treatment done on it, and they said the laser works on the roots so i cant wax/thread it and creams affect the treatment so i have to shave...I used to thread before weekly but now i just shave monthly

ReputationRep:
    OP how did you learn to thread? i want to know, its costs £10 or something ridiculous where i live to get top lip done.

ReputationRep:
    I'm blonde. Not having to have an 'upper lip ritual' is one of the few benefits being blonde has.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.