Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies of TSR...whats your upper lip ritual? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth...val-Kit_24035/

ReputationRep:
    I don't do anything.

You shouldn't unless the hair is really dark and noticeable because any hair you remove just grows back coarser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    I use cream probably about once every 3 months

I don't *strictly* need to, but when I was about 12 someone made a comment, and it has literally scarred me for life haha
    Ergh yeah, my friend had a similar experience that scarred her - she was getting on the school bus and the bus driver asked to see her bus pass and then went "hang on, are you a girl or a boy, im confused by the moustache" :mad:
    Needless to say, the bus driver got into trouble and she has bleached ever since.

ReputationRep:
    I epilate. You can barely see anything anyway but what can I say, I'm feckin paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    Jolene is the best for hiding unwanted dark hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says, whats your upper lip ritual?

Are you a waxer, threader, shaver? (dear god I hope there are no shavers)
    Which is your preferred method? Which one lasts the longest?
    What do you do on in-between days?

(and yes I have used the search function, but the other threads weren't that useful!)

and I heard that waxing 'ages' the skin? :eek: is this true? I used to wax, but I was fed up of having to wait a couple of weeks for the hair to grow to get the next wax so I taught myself how to thread, which has been great for in-between days. Won't threading also cause the skin to age too?
    The threading place I go to now does waxing for the same price, its quicker and last longer! And over time I've noticed I have to go less frequently. :yep:

Edit: they both cost £1.50

ReputationRep:
    I pluck. Its painful but effective.
    So annoying that I have it on my upper lip cus I'm not asian and my hair's light brown

ReputationRep:
    I don't do anything on my upper lip, they're more like tiny teeny little white fluff than hair

ReputationRep:
    I had it threaded for the first time last week, and have used tweasers many times in the past although it was never very visible.

But still, curse Asian genes :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEESE!)
    OP how did you learn to thread? i want to know, its costs £10 or something ridiculous where i live to get top lip done.
    Heyy, I had my eyebrows done when I was about 12 for the first time I think and paid £3.50 for it and I've never had it done since, I just watched the way the women did it and realised it looked really easy and went home and tried to do it myself and could . I do it by myself now and have done loads of other peoples too - at work during lunch times too - I started charging after a month though cuz some of the people were taking the mick but I didnt mind when they paid me lol
    I would recommend trying on your legs first to see if you can get the thread to pull hairs out and not the skin, it can be qainful when it pulls the skin so I used to practice on my legs first

ReputationRep:
    thread every three weeks!

ReputationRep:
    threading

ReputationRep:
    hi, i dont worry to much about the hairs.i know what you mean you can get paranoid in thinking if u can see the hairs then so can others. if it is worying u too much and they is alot of hairs invest in laser treatement.

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I don't do anything.

/White genes.
    Lauren Conrad is white with blonde hair she still has a moustache

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Lauren Conrad is white with blonde hair she still has a moustache

Spoiler:
    Show
    Heyy, you know the pic of the guy in your first spoiler in your sig, who is he?
    He is sooo HOT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I don't do anything.

/White genes.
    RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST

(Original post by qazwsx123)
    Heyy, you know the pic of the guy in your first spoiler in your sig, who is he?
    He is sooo HOT!
    Matt Lanter he's in 90210 :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Thread it, takes like 10 seconds and doesn't really hurt.

ReputationRep:
    threading is better than waxing imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :eyeball:

you're tres lucky then.
    Neither do I. I have dark hair on my head (nearly black) and fair skin, but very thin hair everywhere else, and my upper lip hair isn't noticeable.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.