Fast track law degree in University of Northampton Watch

choco_inspire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey everyone

is anyone doing a fast track law degree maybe in norhampton uni or anywhere else.....and what do u think about it?
Mr_Deeds
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:hello: Choco, welcome to TSR! You might want to ask your question in the law forum, here.
jjarvis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by choco_inspire)
Hey everyone

is anyone doing a fast track law degree maybe in norhampton uni or anywhere else.....and what do u think about it?
How do you mean by "Fast Track"? Do you mean a programme that combines the LPC and LLB? Or a programme that is for people who already have a degree in another subject? I applied for (and have offers for) the latter. I know very little about the former.

What's your situation? We might be able to give you a little more advice with some more information.
choco_inspire
Rep:
?
No what I mean is the Law (two-year fast-track) LLB (Hons)

Its usually 3 years but university of northampton does it in 2 years...
miss_sunshine_
Report 8 years ago
I've just applied, the lady said applications are on hold though and wont be looked at until May..
jjarvis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have three offers (Edinburgh, Cambridge, and QMUL) for similar programmes. I was rejected at Oxford and withdrew from Nottingham. I accepted the Cambridge offer. Don't know anything about Northampton's programme, though.
choco_inspire
Rep:
?
Well no need for you to know anything whatsoever about northampons seeing you got great offers already
jjarvis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well no need for you to know anything whatsoever about northampons seeing you got great offers already
Haha, thanks. Sorry I can't help you more, but best of luck!
laila54
Report 8 years ago
Hey everyone

Hey I am also doing 2 years fast track Law at staffordshire. At first I did think it was a good idea as you get to complete it in 2 years but now after reading so many threads I am really worried about the rep of the uni. But anyways good luck!
Schott
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think the type of degree (as in normal or fast-track) matters too much, as the university you choose to study at is perhaps a bit more important. There are advantages and disadvantages to doing it fast-track, such as it possibly being a bit rushed but on the other hand developing very good organisational abilities.

I think this course and the one at Staffordshire are different from one's at places like Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol and QMUL in that these are fast-track first undergraduate degrees, whereas the latter 4 in the list only do it as a second degree after doing another degree beforehand. The Northampton and Staffordshire ones also have shorter holidays I think because they need to get it done in 2 years.

Providing your other university options are of a similar rank I don't think doing a fast-track one will particularly count against you.
S.Newton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello i am very interested in pursuing law fast track at staffordshire and northampton. can you tell me about the course its highs and lows and what grades did you guys get to gain entry. thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?