Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

is anyone doing a fast track law degree maybe in norhampton uni or anywhere else.....and what do u think about it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :hello: Choco, welcome to TSR! You might want to ask your question in the law forum, here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_inspire)
    Hey everyone

is anyone doing a fast track law degree maybe in norhampton uni or anywhere else.....and what do u think about it?
    How do you mean by "Fast Track"? Do you mean a programme that combines the LPC and LLB? Or a programme that is for people who already have a degree in another subject? I applied for (and have offers for) the latter. I know very little about the former.

What's your situation? We might be able to give you a little more advice with some more information.

ReputationRep:
    No what I mean is the Law (two-year fast-track) LLB (Hons)

Its usually 3 years but university of northampton does it in 2 years...

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied, the lady said applications are on hold though and wont be looked at until May..

ReputationRep:
    I have three offers (Edinburgh, Cambridge, and QMUL) for similar programmes. I was rejected at Oxford and withdrew from Nottingham. I accepted the Cambridge offer. Don't know anything about Northampton's programme, though.

ReputationRep:
    Well no need for you to know anything whatsoever about northampons seeing you got great offers already

ReputationRep:
    Well no need for you to know anything whatsoever about northampons seeing you got great offers already
    Haha, thanks. Sorry I can't help you more, but best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Hey I am also doing 2 years fast track Law at staffordshire. At first I did think it was a good idea as you get to complete it in 2 years but now after reading so many threads I am really worried about the rep of the uni. But anyways good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the type of degree (as in normal or fast-track) matters too much, as the university you choose to study at is perhaps a bit more important. There are advantages and disadvantages to doing it fast-track, such as it possibly being a bit rushed but on the other hand developing very good organisational abilities.

I think this course and the one at Staffordshire are different from one's at places like Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol and QMUL in that these are fast-track first undergraduate degrees, whereas the latter 4 in the list only do it as a second degree after doing another degree beforehand. The Northampton and Staffordshire ones also have shorter holidays I think because they need to get it done in 2 years.

Providing your other university options are of a similar rank I don't think doing a fast-track one will particularly count against you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello i am very interested in pursuing law fast track at staffordshire and northampton. can you tell me about the course its highs and lows and what grades did you guys get to gain entry. thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.