Turn on thread page Beta

Changing University in Second Year. watch

    • Thread Starter

    So here is my problem:

    I am in my second year at UCLan(fashion promotion) and am really hating it. I hated it last year but thought that it was just because of some personal stuff going on. But it wasn't and I still hate it. I am getting good marks because I find my course easy.

    I've now realised that I want to do a different course (textiles) at a different university. They do do the course here but I am fed up with the campus and don't really fit in with the typical 'student' type.

    Now I'm wondering whether I should just stick it out for one more year (although technically it will be 2 because I have a compulsory placement year) or whether I should 'follow my dreams' and do what I've always wanted to do.

    It means I can move back home to a University where I have already studied (a foundation degree) and enjoyed.

    I have made a meeting to talk to the head of the new course so that I can decide if it's definitely the one for me. I'm also worried about UCAS because obviously I have missed the deadline so I don't want to quit one uni and not actually get a place.

    It's all a bit of a mess (and a long post) but if anyone could help me out that would be great!

    Hi, I know it's a little late to reply to this but I've just seen your post. If I were you I'd leave ASAP. I am a student at UCLAN in the fashion department too, and it's been the worst experience of my life, I wish I had left earlier but now it's too late. It's an excuse for a university this place.
    • Thread Starter

    Hi I've just seen this post.

    Although at that time I was fed up with UCLan (I think it happens to everyone!) I stuck it out and now I'm in 3rd year doing a placement I really enjoy.

    Thanks for the advice though!
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.