Manchester vs Loughborough vs Edinburgh Watch

the_god
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey, my course is Electrical engineering and electronics and I am wondering which university to choose - the University of Manchester, Loughborough University, or the University of Edinburgh. What's your opinion?

Thanks in advance
alexyfoot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, I have mates here in Lufbra doing Electrical and they seem to enjoy it. Department is reputable and facilities seem to be okey. Grad prospects are good too.
Edinburgh is quality for sure, I've hear good stuff about their EEng Dept so I guess that is not going to be a bad choice either. TBH, I have no idea how is Electircal at Manchester but Manchester is above average for all types of engineering. Personally, I would choose Loughborough (biased) because of the good atmosphere here but thats down to personal preference about city and style of living. I doubt you can find much of a difference reputation-wise when searching for a job post-graduation when considering those's reputations so if I were you I'd go for the place that appeals to me the most
Anyway, good luck with your studies
the_god
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks for the reply.

I think over to choose Manchester, because it's an industrial city and I could find more easily work in the electrical engineering field. I don't know whether it's a good reason.
craggs0151
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I realise this post is a number of years old but there are not very many related to what I need to know!!

I am have offers for loughborough, lancaster and manchester that I am considering. This is to study electrical and electronic engineering and I am unsure which one to choose...

If anyone could offer any advice on the subject I would be very grateful.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.34%
No (202)
72.66%

Watched Threads