Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my course is Electrical engineering and electronics and I am wondering which university to choose - the University of Manchester, Loughborough University, or the University of Edinburgh. What's your opinion?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have mates here in Lufbra doing Electrical and they seem to enjoy it. Department is reputable and facilities seem to be okey. Grad prospects are good too.
    Edinburgh is quality for sure, I've hear good stuff about their EEng Dept so I guess that is not going to be a bad choice either. TBH, I have no idea how is Electircal at Manchester but Manchester is above average for all types of engineering. Personally, I would choose Loughborough (biased) because of the good atmosphere here but thats down to personal preference about city and style of living. I doubt you can find much of a difference reputation-wise when searching for a job post-graduation when considering those's reputations so if I were you I'd go for the place that appeals to me the most
    Anyway, good luck with your studies

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply.

I think over to choose Manchester, because it's an industrial city and I could find more easily work in the electrical engineering field. I don't know whether it's a good reason.

ReputationRep:
    I realise this post is a number of years old but there are not very many related to what I need to know!!

I am have offers for loughborough, lancaster and manchester that I am considering. This is to study electrical and electronic engineering and I am unsure which one to choose...

If anyone could offer any advice on the subject I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.