Turn on thread page Beta

If someone unattractive finds you attrative. watch

ReputationRep:
    yes of course...but I'd also feel a bit awkward if I didn't like them back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazwsx123)
    Lol, I cant understand why most people on here are saying they would be flattered, I always feel butt ugly after.
    Haha. Now now don't be shallow, all people are the same beneath the skin. Whether the person is attractive or not shouldn't really affect their judgement.

It's certainly infinitely more flattering when they are hot, though!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would be flattered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Yes I would.
    i stared at your sig for 4 minutes before i realised my eyes were stinging... :coma: (y)

ReputationRep:
    I'd be impressed and get them to put it in writing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt care

ReputationRep:
    It would be flattering, as just because they aren't attractive doesn't mean they don't have a valid opinion. In saying that, it's one of those things where it may mean more if it were to come from someone who actually was attractive. It shouldn't, but in a way it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    What a question.......

Why are people who don't fit societies' ideology of "attractive" treated as social criminals/third class citizens? I really don't get the pathetic constant mental segregation afforded to these unfortunate individuals. Fair enough if the feature that is making the person unattractive is a variable, but when it isn't, I don't see why people get so much enjoyment out of bellitling & persecuting these people. I'm stopping now before this turns into a dissertation......

Just incase someone gets the wrong end of the stick here, I'm not saying go out with someone you find unattractive, that would be ridiculous. I just find societies' perpetual obsession with arselicking beautiful people and making asthetically challenged people feel like their existance is a stain on mankind rather insidious.

P.S No I don't generally, ironically enough
    Couldn't agree more, brother.

ReputationRep:
    No I dont find it flattering, I hate it......it makes me think im ugly too and that the reason they've told me that is because they think they're in with a chance.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of question is that? Should you be disgusted that they find you attractive? I bet if they didn't, you would be complaining about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flattered if it was just a normal but unattractive guy. But if the guy is an absolute freak as well, I wouldn't be.

ReputationRep:
    Id be more focused on trying to find out whether them finding me 'attrative' is a complement or not.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the person who said it reminded them that life isn't perfect. It's awkward and can get annoying depending on the type of person it is. It's happened a several times to me, and I'd rather it just hadn't tbh.

ReputationRep:
    As long as they were attractive on the inside I would. Anyone creepy and physically unattractive would turn my stomach. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    i stared at your sig for 4 minutes before i realised my eyes were stinging... :coma: (y)
    'Tis totally awesome :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan W)
    Haha. Now now don't be shallow, all people are the same beneath the skin. Whether the person is attractive or not shouldn't really affect their judgement.

It's certainly infinitely more flattering when they are hot, though!
    Lol, I did sound a bit shallow didnt I, didnt mean for it to come across that way. I suppose if it was a friend that said it to me I would feel flattered, but thats because I'd consider their opinion more but if it was a randomer then deffo would feel ugly lol.

Oh and yeh if a HOT randomer said it then yeh i would feel flattered, who wouldnt :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But I would also act like a **** to them because I don't want to have to deal with some love sick girl.

ReputationRep:
    It's more of an inconvenience than anything else thinking damn why couldn't they be good looking?? haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.