Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie_love)
    No idea...

Solihull? Leamington Spa? Sutton Coldfield? Just ideas.
    Walsall and Wolverhampton are supposed to be alright as well...
    Wasn't Wolverhampton voted the fifth worst place in the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsp911)
    hahahahahahahaha. Leam Spa is a hole. Wolverhampton has been voted the country's 'worst city.

Most millionaires are in Tamworth In Arden, so probably there.

Second thought - probably in the Midlands, the Cotswolds, somewhere like Broadway.

Strange question in the first place.
    :woo: Just googled Cotswolds... how does anyone afford a house for £17,000,000?

ReputationRep:
    Where are people getting Sutton Coldfield from?!

ReputationRep:
    Handsworth, Birmingham. :3

(Original post by d123)
    Kind of shows how **** that survey is when theres cities in Africa without electricity etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusbarr)
    What are your views?...More specifically the West Midlands...Thanks in advance.

Here, I made a new account so i can answer this question. Some of the answers your' getting is ridiculous.

Posh places in West Midlands ARE

Certain parts of Moesley, Little Aston, Edbaston, Harbone (some parts), Selly Oak and Some parts of Sutton Coldfield. SOME parts of Shirley too.

Trust me SOLIHULL ISNT POSH! I used to work there. Infact i worked in a bank there and the place is full of chavs, or old folks and averaged income people. Ive seen their accounts. They are'nt loaded, infact people from Small Heath have more money than most people in Solhiull. Its just that Solihull is bigger and thus houses are bigger.

(Original post by SweetsAndSugar)
    :woo: Just googled Cotswolds... how does anyone afford a house for £17,000,000?
    Bill Gates.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Solihull, Edgbaston, and Sutton Coldfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8435823.stm

Obviously there criteria must have been unusual i'm sure places in Columbia and other **** places you will have a greater chance of being captured and held for ransom and being killed for your organs than coming back alive rather than just having an awful meal, disliking the aesthetics and scenery and maybe being intimidated by the atmosphere and local people in Wolverhampton

ReputationRep:
    solihull, little aston (footballers etc), solihull, shirley , edgbaston , harborne , knowle , .....

ReputationRep:
    Warwickshire I'd imagine, and Warwick.

Certainly not Nuneaton! :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Kind of shows how **** that survey is when theres cities in Africa without electricity etc?
    Yeah, I know it's a rubbish survey but it made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Um... does anyone on TSR go into the countryside? You know.... its a place with villages and houses and farms and the like........

Go into rural oxfordshire, or south warwickshire and you'll see some fabulously wealthy and posh places.

ReputationRep:
    Small village (think it's Tiddington) by Stratford Upon Avon has a lot of huge houses... not sure if that makes it posh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Um... does anyone on TSR go into the countryside? You know.... its a place with villages and houses and farms and the like........

Go into rural oxfordshire, or south warwickshire and you'll see some fabulously wealthy and posh places.
    As I said, Cotswolds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Warwickshire I'd imagine, and Warwick.

Certainly not Nuneaton! :pinch:
    the villages around Warwick and others in Warwickshire are nice, but definitely not Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Telford!

(Haha) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Solihull, Earlswood, Moseley (just throwing it out there) and Alcester (one of the most underrated areas of the Midlands, absolutely beautiful).

(Original post by SpamBa)
    Definitely not Worcester (my hometown). Nice looking but full of Chavs.
    I blame Worcester Uni as the main attraction.

Worcester was nice (and some parts still are) up until ~2007

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie_love)
    No idea...

Solihull? Leamington Spa? Sutton Coldfield? Just ideas.
    Walsall and Wolverhampton are supposed to be alright as well...
    Clearly never been to Walsall or Wolverhampton. Walsall isn't horrible but it isn't somewhere that shows the Midlands in it's best light. Wolverhampton, well, the '5th worst place in the world' title sums it up perfectly.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.