Turn on thread page Beta

How do you act in front of someone you like but don't really chat to? watch

I avoid eye contact, bodily contact ect. I do not attempt to speak to them ever, and if I happen to catch their eye, I will go incredibly red and try to hide my head.

I've had a crush on the same girl for around 14 months without speaking to her ever. Shyness is a *****, or actually, I am shyness' *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    why?
    not a clue :o:

How did I know it was you who started this thread :dry:

ReputationRep:
    psychotic. it will get their attention.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I tend to just ignore them and pretend i don't really care, while in fact my heart is sinking; or another path i often follow is trying to act 'cor', when i really look like desperate-for-attention half mad polish girl.

To answer the question, I ignore and run away. I know it's stupid but I get shy around him.
    I always stare at him from across the room, I stalk him :ninjagirl: with my eyes. Until I don't see him anymore :sad:
    But he did sit in my seat two days ago and I was going to sit next to him but I sat behind him :facepalm:
    I then noticed him staring at me then he turned away :sad: I still don't know his name. But he needs to dye his hair back to his original colour.

Edit: sorry for hijaking your thread

ReputationRep:
    If you're asking how I actually act, have to say it involves a bit of staring then quickly looking away when they notice, plus I also tend to ramble on about complete rubbish, usually digging myself into a hole while thinking to myself 'why???'
    Smooth.

(Original post by Becksy)
    Oh no, I do look at them (sometimes I can't help it ) but I would never go and randomly sit next to them or start a conversation out of the fear that they would start thinking "get this freak away from me". However, if he starts talking to me then I end up being quite chatty.
    Exactly this :yep:

Usually be quiet around them or... be too talkative and try to get their attention :o: but I would never initiate a conversation, too scared of them thinking 'oh she likes me' or 'why is this strange girl talking to me'. But if they start talking to me, I'd happily chat away with them I don't get so nervous after they initiate the conversation, but before then.... I lack any form of social skills with said person. Like right now, I really really like this guy but whenever I see him online/around my heart sinks and I just want to talk to him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.