Turn on thread page Beta

Cannot do barbell rows watch

ReputationRep:
    my lower back hurts when performing barbell rows. Are there any other alternatives to this exercise?

One armed DB rows, I actually prefer them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you wear a belt? If not, wear one, it'll give you support for your back.

ReputationRep:
    if it hurts then youve got a weakness so just man up and it'll go away. deads should help too

ReputationRep:
    Do a barrell roll instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudeboy999)
    my lower back hurts when performing barbell rows. Are there any other alternatives to this exercise?
    Keep your head up.

(Original post by marmeduke)
    if it hurts then youve got a weakness so just man up and it'll go away. deads should help too
    The **** information on this forum is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    assuming he's using correct form its not **** advice. if he has a weakness in his lower back then barbell rows will work it isometrically and then the pain will begin to subside. the plank and deadlifts would also help streghten the back.

ReputationRep:
    assuming he's using correct form its not **** advice. if he has a weakness in his lower back then barbell rows will work it isometrically and then the pain will begin to subside. the plank and deadlifts would also help streghten the back.
    If he´s getting pain in his lower back, he´s obviously not using correct form. He´s stated it´s only with this exercise.

No you don't "man up" when you get pain in your back unless you want to end up crippled. If someone had a fractured back your advise would be to deadlift and it will subside?

Its a sign that your back or your form is not right.

ReputationRep:
    i may not be using correct form. does anyone have a video which shows good form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudeboy999)
    i may not be using correct form. does anyone have a video which shows good form.
    Are you doing pendlay or standard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    No you don't "man up" when you get pain in your back unless you want to end up crippled. If someone had a fractured back your advise would be to deadlift and it will subside?

Its a sign that your back or your form is not right.
    depending upon the type of pain. for example i dead until my back is in agony but i dont damage my back or get crippled. i do conceed though that my advice was poor since i dont know anything about him or his form.

depending upon the type of pain. for example i dead until my back is in agony but i dont damage my back or get crippled. i do conceed though that my advice was poor since i dont know anything about him or his form.
    I would love to see you when your 55.

ReputationRep:
    There´s a difference between muscular fatigue and ruining your spine.

ReputationRep:
    im performing the standard bent over barbell rows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    There´s a difference between muscular fatigue and ruining your spine.
    thats what i was saying

thats what i was saying
    What kind of fatigue leaves you in "agony" when still doing the exercise?

ReputationRep:
    Marmeduke might be right or wrong. This guy needs to post a video. Barbell rows are very hard and often hurt muscles that you weren't expecting to get hurt.

(Original post by burningnun)
    Marmeduke might be right or wrong. This guy needs to post a video. Barbell rows are very hard and often hurt muscles that you weren't expecting to get hurt.
    Sure but when you don't know its best to be safe than someone go and cripple there back.

And sure but if your in "agony" as he said he is when he does deadlifts, then there is something wrong no?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.