Turn on thread page Beta

Cannot do barbell rows watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudeboy999)
    im performing the standard bent over barbell rows
    Try Pendlay rows, heres a form video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeCh2Anpw8

And http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perfor...ect-technique/

ReputationRep:
    Lift a lighter weight until you get your form correct. If you still get pain with a light weight then see your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    If it hurts just do db rows and deadlift to strengthen your lower back.

When I go heavy on barbell rows I wear a belt because after deads it's a struggle just to maintain lower back arch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Sure but when you don't know its best to be safe than someone go and cripple there back.
    Definitely. It sounds like the guy's not keeping his back straight enough to me.

And sure but if your in "agony" as he said he is when he does deadlifts, then there is something wrong no?
    I've never been in "agony" when deadlifting and if I was, I'd be very concerned.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    my lower back hurts when performing barbell rows. Are there any other alternatives to this exercise?
    Dumbbell rows and cable rows.

But most importantly, are you deadlifting?

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the bar supposed to touch the torso at some point? Demo vid looks like he's not pulling high enough

(Original post by Khanage)
    Try Pendlay rows, heres a form video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeCh2Anpw8

And http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perfor...ect-technique/

ReputationRep:
    supposed to touch your lower abs i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Isnt the bar supposed to touch the torso at some point? Demo vid looks like he's not pulling high enough
    Yeah, but to be honest, if he's not touching, he's <1 inch away.

The video is used on stronglifts.com and so can definitly be trusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I would love to see you when your 55.
    You're in to GILF too?

ReputationRep:
    my lower back hurts when performing barbell rows. Are there any other alternatives to this exercise?
    You're either using the wrong form or have a weak lower back.

Keep the barbell close to your legs when you lift it up and hit your belly button instead of your chest.

Start doing deadlifts and goodmornings to strength lower back.

ReputationRep:
    he doesn't look like he's pulling high enough?... man learn to lift...

ReputationRep:
    The problem is always going to be form, you need to video your lifts and identify where you are going wrong. I remember when first doing squats and my form was wrong, i got a couple strains and stuff from doing that. Now my form is near enough perfect and guess what? No injuries

ReputationRep:
    mate what are you talking about?? The bar isn't going as high as it could be, what did you think i meant?

(Original post by ellingham)
    he doesn't look like he's pulling high enough?... man learn to lift...

ReputationRep:
    mate what are you talking about?? The bar isn't going as high as it could be, what did you think i meant?
    I didn't ask what you mean as i dont think even you know what you mean, his lift is legit and is being performed correctly, do not question it. Nomsayin biatch.

ReputationRep:
    **** off you stupid ****, did i ever say it wasn't legit?? I do this row 3 times a week I should know, just note how he could pull the bar higher dumbass, and you have no idea what i lift but i can garentee its more than you, you pathetic little ****

(Original post by ellingham)
    I didn't ask what you mean as i dont think even you know what you mean, his lift is legit and is being performed correctly, do not question it. Nomsayin biatch.

**** off you stupid ****, did i ever say it wasn't legit?? I do this row 3 times a week I should know, just note how he could pull the bar higher dumbass, and you have no idea what i lift but i can garentee its more than you, you pathetic little ****

ReputationRep:

How much can you row out of curiosity

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.