books for MORSE 1st year Watch

heyiwanttogoLse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I have an offer from Warwick for BSc MORSE and I'd like to know how it's like. If you are currently studying MORSE, could you tell me what books cover the first year programme?

thx
tabbycat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it depends on the modules u take.. but first year morse normally have a set of core modules to take like analysis, foundations, linear algebra etc.

the department of statistics will send a course guidebook to u soon (i think) and all the info about the course is in it. Some of the recommended books for Analysis is Mary Hart's Guide to Analysis, D.Stirling's Mathematical Analysis and Proof etc.

Wait for the course guide book to reach your doorsteps
heyiwanttogoLse
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by tabbycat)
it depends on the modules u take.. but first year morse normally have a set of core modules to take like analysis, foundations, linear algebra etc.

the department of statistics will send a course guidebook to u soon (i think) and all the info about the course is in it. Some of the recommended books for Analysis is Mary Hart's Guide to Analysis, D.Stirling's Mathematical Analysis and Proof etc.

Wait for the course guide book to reach your doorsteps
Thx for replying
How is the workload?
Tallon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I asked what books I could read before going to Warwick in my interview and my guy actually told me not to do anything untill I was actually on the course, weirdly.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.51%
No (528)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise