Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I cancel my application to Durham (they take so so long) and then sort it all out?
    It may seem strange not being bothered about Durham, but I just feel as though I'm so likely to pick Nottingham anyway. Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to reply for a few months I believe. No need to rush things. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can, I cancelled my application to Bristol. Nottingham is the only uni which really stood out to me (=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elithernal221)
    Yeah you can, I cancelled my application to Bristol. Nottingham is the only uni which really stood out to me (=
    It's becoming increasingly tempting. What have you applied to do?

ReputationRep:
    when you guys cancel application, does it mean before they made a decision?

ReputationRep:
    im cancelling my st andrews if they dont get back to me before accomoation application comes out notts for the win! x

ReputationRep:
    I cancelled my two withstanding choices and firmed up ... But I have unconditional offers, I'd say you have nothing to lose by waiting, you might change your mind, or you might just want to be able to say you got all 5 offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katehhh)
    Can I cancel my application to Durham (they take so so long) and then sort it all out?
    It may seem strange not being bothered about Durham, but I just feel as though I'm so likely to pick Nottingham anyway. Hmm...
    I withdrew my application to King's College as it was the last one I wanted to go to and I'd heard they don't reply to English and Spanish offers until late March and the applications for accommodation at Nottingham opens 1st March!

Pick Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacy_j91)
    I withdrew my application to King's College as it was the last one I wanted to go to and I'd heard they don't reply to English and Spanish offers until late March and the applications for accommodation at Nottingham opens 1st March!

Pick Nottingham!
    I might just end up doing so, I'll think on it for another couple of days though maybe. Ooh you're doing half of the same course as me, I don't know of anybody applying to do post a-level russian of any sort though.
    Which accomodation are you thinking of applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh talk to me about accomodation! I don't know what to pick! I want to go for self-catered but none of it is standing out at the moment.

I'm going to the subjectday on the 10th of March.

ReputationRep:
    The only self catered I looked at was Broadgate park on the open day last summer. It was quite modern, pretty basic, but overall I'd be happy to live there. It's only across the road from the campus, so although it's considered off-campus it's not as if you've got to catch a bus or get up at an early time to get to the campus.
    There are subject days? I haven't received any letters about things since I received my offer, should I have done?

ReputationRep:
    The only self catered I looked at was Broadgate park on the open day last summer. It was quite modern, pretty basic, but overall I'd be happy to live there. It's only across the road from the campus, so although it's considered off-campus it's not as if you've got to catch a bus or get up at an early time to get to the campus.
    There are subject days? I haven't received any letters about things since I received my offer, should I have done?
    I don't know, but I got an offer inviting me to the English and American studies one. You can always contact them.

When I looked it up it said that some of the accomodation would be shared with Nottingham Trent University students. I have no problem with this but wouldn't it be a bit... awkward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgonia)
    I don't know, but I got an offer inviting me to the English and American studies one. You can always contact them.

When I looked it up it said that some of the accomodation would be shared with Nottingham Trent University students. I have no problem with this but wouldn't it be a bit... awkward?
    Ooh I think that's some other self-catered accom which I've heard is further away from the campus we'll be on? I really need to start looking into this AND student finance forms. There's so bloody much to do on top of actually attaining the grades we need to get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    You don't have to reply for a few months I believe. No need to rush things. :p:
    heh, was just reading your sig, 3rd march is my b-day too.
    ironically, it's also the day im going to nottingham for an open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeineHeldenMehr)
    heh, was just reading your sig, 3rd march is my b-day too.
    ironically, it's also the day im going to nottingham for an open day.
    I just hope they have a birthday cake ready for me :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgonia)
    Ooh talk to me about accomodation! I don't know what to pick! I want to go for self-catered but none of it is standing out at the moment.

I'm going to the subjectday on the 10th of March.
    Theres 3 self-catered options: Boradgate, St Peters Court and Raleigh Court
    SPC and RC are a bit further away, but theres a shuttle bus to and from the accommodation to the uni
    i liked broadgate the most out of all of them when i went to the open day last summer..
    its across the road from the campus, has a laundrette, JCR, bar...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can, I did the same for Warwick, they said they would be giving me a decision towards the end of March, but Notts accommodation form opens on the 1 March

ReputationRep:
    I am deciding between York and Nottingham?
    Why do you guys like Nottingham so much? I haven't been on a open day yet but so far it is York.
    Can someone fill me in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    I am deciding between York and Nottingham?
    Why do you guys like Nottingham so much? I haven't been on a open day yet but so far it is York.
    Can someone fill me in?
    The campus is beautiful, lots of grass and hills and general nice-ness. It's away from the city centre but at the same time not too far away. It just seems like a nice place to be, doesn't seem 'stuck up' like some of the places I looked around. You should go and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyRiaStone)
    its across the road from the campus, has a laundrette, JCR, bar...
    Sorry, but I've been wondering for ages what is a JCR? Silly moi!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.