Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've pretended to be someone else on a website and somehow fooled this person into thinking I was real. I've started to really like him now and he likes me too.

We've been talking for almost a year now and he has helped me a lot and changed me so much, I don't know what I would do if he wasn't there anymore. I am angry at myself for lying and while he likes me, I am convinced it is because of the person I am pretending to be and not who I truly am.

It would change everything if I confessed and it is so hard because it would he would be so perfect for me because we are so alike and we understand each other. I know I'd be outraged if someone did that to me. I can't carry it on though, and I wanted to end it for ages because I didn't want it to get too far. But I'm so selfish and I'm continuing it even though it would never work out the way I wanted it to and the longer I contenue it the harder it will be for me but I like him so much.

Please can someone give me advice. I am so confused and I don't know what to do to end it, it hurts me so much. This was so difficult to write because I've hidden it for so long and I can see the absurdity behind this story but I wish it was easy to act on.

ReputationRep:
    Which parts of your online persona are fabricated and which is the real you?

(Original post by Double Agent)
    Which parts of your online persona are fabricated and which is the real you?
    Everything except my personality.

ReputationRep:
    Cut yourself off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everything except my personality.
    more detail but how different could you be unles you changed your sex

ReputationRep:
    he would like you for your personality. He has a right to be angry but in the end he'd like you for who you are and thats the part thats actually real. Tell him

Also, being someone else online is a stupid thing to do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.