Turn on thread page Beta

pretending to be a girl online? watch

Announcements

Imn not sure if im trans or not so a lad on the trans forum suggested I go online as a girl and see how I feel about being seen as and interacting with people as a girl.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I don't think it's a good idea though you can try if you wish.

That's odd... and the person you'd be speaking to would not like it if they found out.

ReputationRep:
    Don't. Deceiving others is not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? what are you going to...make a facebook account, or go on this 'trans' forum or something?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it could be very interesting. DO ITTTT! I might try talking to people as a guy just to see what it's like but it's probably harder to get a good response from people than as a girl

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.

oh dear, this reminds me of the times i used to play as a girl on an online MMPORG and get loads of presents from boys. shameful

ReputationRep:
    Some people think I'm a girl :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldt that be a bad idea. How about you just be yourself? Then see people's reactions from that. Just dont specify any gender on your profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Hmm, I don't think it's a good idea though you can try if you wish.
    Is it wrong that as soon as I saw the thread title I thought this was you :p:

ReputationRep:
    troll

or... it doesn't matter if you pretend to be a girl so long as you aren't trying to take advantage of it over people you meet online

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean 'not sure if you're trans'

do you not feel comfortable being a man? do you wish you were female?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Is it wrong that as soon as I saw the thread title I thought this was you http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    :rofl: nah it's not wrong. I don't blame you, I really shouldn't be on this account tbh.

(Original post by reisen)
    Sounds like it could be very interesting. DO ITTTT! I might try talking to people as a guy just to see what it's like but it's probably harder to get a good response from people than as a girl
    thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    I used to pretend to be a lesbian online with my best friend. Got some Swedish dude to send us muscly pictures. Score.

(Original post by Urkel)
    Don't do it. People may react badly if they find out you have been candidly lying to them about something so simple.
    Why wouldpeople be mad because im going to be myslef but a female version of me and im never going to say im a boy

ReputationRep:
    Funny : D

Imagine the faces of the perverted older dudes when after some point they realize you are a guy xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why wouldpeople be mad because im going to be myslef but a female version of me and im never going to say im a boy
    Just something to add to this. I have a friend who is genetically female but wants to become male. They pretended to be male online on a forum, made a lot of friends, then was discovered to physically be female and fell out with them because they were mad about it.

That is just grim!!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.