Turn on thread page Beta

pretending to be a girl online? watch

(Original post by Shadowplay)
    Go on omegle.com, won't hurt anyone if you pretend you're a girl +
    thank you so much

Ill look at that website

ReputationRep:
    It's the internet. Do what you want to do, be who you want. People shouldn't expect to find friends online anyway, that's creepy.
    I once got chatting to a girl online who ended up being a guy. So what? It weren't like I was planning on meeting up with this person. Yes, I felt a little uncomfortable but when I think about it I'm sure lots of men do it.
    You should never go online and expect to really know the person you're talking to. I bet a lot of people lie about things online because they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Go on omegle.com, won't hurt anyone if you pretend you're a girl +
    except when you break their heart :sadnod:

Pretending to be a girl is kind of win win situation if I'm concerned. Boys will for some reason be nicer to girls, and girls again will also be nicer to other girls. Plus if you're a male on the internet, girls will always have that suspicion that you're a secret pevert. Males don't really worry about female peverts.

It's not fair :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapientia)
    Just something to add to this. I have a friend who is genetically female but wants to become male. They pretended to be male online on a forum, made a lot of friends, then was discovered to physically be female and fell out with them because they were mad about it.
    This pretty much sums up how I think most people would react.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    oh dear, this reminds me of the times i used to play as a girl on an online MMPORG and get loads of presents from boys. shameful
    Runescape??? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I dont plan to hurt anyone, if someone gets close to the other me I will distance myself

What should I be careful about?
    Be careful about people getting too attached and involved with you, people can act stupidly over minor things so think what could happen if they did ever find out.
    I think the distancing is a good idea though =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    Funny : D

Imagine the faces of the perverted older dudes when after some point they realize you are a guy xD
    It is HILARIOUS! Me and my friend used to do it all the time on chatrooms. We used to go as girl (we are both girls btw) and then after chatting to guys for some time we would drop the bombshell that we are actually guys. and they'd be like wtf - their reaction was priceless.

But we'd only do for 30mins at most. Pretending to the same person for hours on end is a bit weird, might hurt the persons feelings more and is too much effort.

(Original post by Kara_Adams)
    It's the internet. Do what you want to do, be who you want. People shouldn't expect to find friends online anyway, that's creepy.
    I once got chatting to a girl online who ended up being a guy. So what? It weren't like I was planning on meeting up with this person. Yes, I felt a little uncomfortable but when I think about it I'm sure lots of men do it.
    You should never go online and expect to really know the person you're talking to. I bet a lot of people lie about things online because they can.

thanks for your support,thanks for that

(Original post by estel)
    Some people think I'm a girl :ninja:
    You're not a guy, right? 'Cause if you are I'll kick your butt.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It's not the same. Nowhere near similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    except when you break their heart :sadnod:

Pretending to be a girl is kind of win win situation if I'm concerned. Boys will for some reason be nicer to girls, and girls again will also be nicer to other girls. Plus if you're a male on the internet, girls will always have that suspicion that you're a secret pevert. Males don't really worry about female peverts.

It's not fair :nope:

Aww :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    You're not a guy, right? 'Cause if you are I'll kick your butt.

:rofl:
    Well... maybe :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Aww you have a diff account and you don't tell me what the username is http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/sad.gif
    heh yes, this is supposed to be the boys account. My account is just Super AS.

ReputationRep:
    I dont plan to hurt anyone, if someone gets close to the other me I will distance myself

What should I be careful about?
    Hey OP,

I'm not going to criticize you for wanting to try appearing as a girl online; I think it's the ideal way to start exploring the options if trying it in real life seems too difficult! As long as you're not going to get close to someone and disappoint them, then I really don't see anything wrong with it. (I've had a couple of friends who have done this, for the same reasons).

Also, not sure if it's any use, but this link might help a little.

Hope things are ok, don't worry about people who might judge you unfairly .

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your support,thanks for that
    Oh, incidentally, I met my best friend (and a couple of others) online, it can happen! :p:

ReputationRep:
    troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar)
    troll
    Or maybe it's genuinely someone looking for advice? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabobble)
    Or maybe it's genuinely someone looking for advice? :rolleyes:
    Don't be naive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Don't be naive
    Perhaps, but it'd surely be a bad thing if everyone was so cynical that nobody ever helped anyone else out. But that's just my opinion. I think I'd rather be naive and have the chance to actually be nice to someone .

Besides, what's to be gained from posting 'troll' anyway? Once it's been said, then surely it's just silly to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    I see no problem with you doing it, so long as you don't try and forge a relationship with some unsuspecting fellow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.