Turn on thread page Beta

How long can you go without going on the lash? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had a dry january due to work and other uni things. I'm usually a bit of a binge drinker, I actually enjoy binge 'lash' sessions.

But I sit here working on courswork today from 8am. And all I can think about is the next beverage.

I am contemplating wandering to the pub on my tod and just downing about 6 pints of guiness.

How long can you go off the lash for? Do you get the urge, like 4pm mid day on this fine saturday?

I'm not sure I can take this any more, like cold turkey.

I need a night out.. argh... no amount of tea and biscuits will cure this urge I have just to sink lots and lots of booze.

ReputationRep:
    I went 3 months this time last year. (From new years day til my 21st bday) The whole not drinking part didn't really bother me and I cudda probably gone a lot longer. I just didn't like not having the choice not to drink!

ReputationRep:
    I've gone a good 15-18 months without getting drunk (had drinks in that time, but not enough to get more than that slight fuzzy feeling). Could easily go a lot longer. For me alcohol is a remedy to the 9-5, with an interesting life style and keeping busy there's not need for alcohol at all. I only ever feel like I want to get drunk when I'm frustrated with things.

ReputationRep:
    Spoken like a true Scotsman.

*awaits neg*

ReputationRep:
    longest I've been sober since I started drinking regularly is probably around 9 months. TBH I don't get drunk very often anymore - unless someone else is paying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get really really drunk that often- i had one really bad incident a year and half ago with alcohol where i was extremely ill for days and it put me off really. So although i do sometimes get drunk, im not really a person that feels the need for alcohol to have fun/ uses it just to get drunk!
    I do like to drink with friends, which can lead to getting drunk obviously, but it's not really my main aim of the evening!

ReputationRep:
    Couple of months I'd say. Used to be every weekend (meaning Friday-Saturday, recovering on Sunday) but since I've started smoking weed it's getting pretty rare that I'll go out to clubs and the like.

ReputationRep:
    Since I started on pot - as long as I want.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get wasted anymore. Now I'm 18 I'm bored of it, haha! It seems as though everyone feels the same... also had a couple of bad experiences where I just couldn't remember ANYTHING, so now I tend to get up to about a 5 out of 10 drunk, rather than getting properly off my face. Had quite a lot to drink last week, but then I went out a lot more than usual.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel the need to go out on the lash much at all... maybe once a every monthish. Going to the pub for a pint is different though, i feel a bit odd if i haven't been out to the pub for a few days mainly due to the fact that loads of socs go to meetings at the pub or go to the pub afterwards so i have the opportunity to go to the pub on sunday, monday, tuesday, thursday every week.

ReputationRep:
    I remember last year I didn't go out at all from february to may. Atm I'm going out quite a lot but I expect it will die down again as the second year work piles up.

ReputationRep:
    Ages. The majority of my flatmates don't drink, so I'm used to it (refuse to drink alone in my room). I overcompensate horrendously when I'm at home with my alky friend though.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, any amount of time, easily.

If you're not in control of your drinking, that's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Right now, i have to get sloshed at least once a week. I can't rememer the last time i didn't at least one time in the week get pished.

I think's it been a while. (October i think?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    I don't get wasted anymore. Now I'm 18 I'm bored of it, haha!
    Same, now I've turned 18 I'm pretty bored of drinking!

I went to about 4 weeks in January during exams without alcohol; I could've gone longer easily but I would've felt socially awkward around all my drunk friends.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.