Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Woah.. whats the hate with brookes i know a friend studies architecture there and it is a very strong school.. dont know about the rest of the uni tho

But no, not there.
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please.

I've just returned to my halls after a long Christmas holidays, earlier today, and I am hating it already. . I am still unpacking so thats something to keep my mind off. I went into a kitchen a saw a flatmate and spoke a little. We have our final kitchen warning already! The other 4 flatmates all returned last week, and it is a mess already. There is one international girl who hasn't yet returned next door to me.
    Okay enough of the physical cleanliness which doesn't bother me that much. I am now stuck in my room, wasting away the hours, I don't like my flatmates, they are all very loud, outgoing, sociable, everything I'm not. They are nice people, but we just don't click.
    Now its got to the point that i;m too shy even to go to the kitchen incase i bump into them so i'd have to difficultly strike up a conversation which im not good at but trying to improve, only thing is they don't seem interested anyway which crushes me abit. So it was okay to start with last term, but now it just feels like im outsider, some antisocial weirdo whos too scared to leave her room. They play really loud music, go out and come back late and wake me up all the time, I mean sometimes i don't mind as i sleep quite late due to my course, but it is not very considerate.
    Okay my course is very demanding thats why ive been spending most of last term in my room working, but at the start i made good effort, went out with them etc, but they are not my people. It's too late to move, I have already begun to count down the days i move out of here!!! I am sorry for the rant, but i have no one to tell this too. HELP! is anyone in the same situation, i know there is!! I was dreading coming back, but indeed i do enjoy my course and we are looking for a house, so at least there is something to look forward to, but it is hard because i can't survive without food inthe kitchen lol. Sorry I feel so stupid posting this, there are many people much worse, i should feel lucky.
    In my first year I was in a similar situation. I didn't click with my floor at all, the kitchen was always a state and most of my floor-mates were loud, brash and just wanted to got to "punch" and party.

I managed to find a really good group of friends on another floor, which was brilliant and kept my mind off things, but I was still counting down the days to moving out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    You've just returned to halls on Jan 30th?

Troll :troll:
    If that's the only reason you're calling troll, that's wrong :P

ReputationRep:
    If you just go ahead and approach people anyway, I promise that 98% of the time they'll be completely fine about it and not be rude or spiteful. Seriously, make the effort to go out there and mix with them and more than likely they'll respond positively.

But if it really isn't working out, see if you can switch - I'm sure they'll be an opportunity for you to find somewhere you'll be a lot happier to live.

ReputationRep:
    Anon please.

I've just returned to my halls after a long Christmas holidays, earlier today, and I am hating it already. . I am still unpacking so thats something to keep my mind off. I went into a kitchen a saw a flatmate and spoke a little. We have our final kitchen warning already! The other 4 flatmates all returned last week, and it is a mess already. There is one international girl who hasn't yet returned next door to me.
    Okay enough of the physical cleanliness which doesn't bother me that much. I am now stuck in my room, wasting away the hours, I don't like my flatmates, they are all very loud, outgoing, sociable, everything I'm not. They are nice people, but we just don't click.
    Now its got to the point that i;m too shy even to go to the kitchen incase i bump into them so i'd have to difficultly strike up a conversation which im not good at but trying to improve, only thing is they don't seem interested anyway which crushes me abit. So it was okay to start with last term, but now it just feels like im outsider, some antisocial weirdo whos too scared to leave her room. They play really loud music, go out and come back late and wake me up all the time, I mean sometimes i don't mind as i sleep quite late due to my course, but it is not very considerate.
    Okay my course is very demanding thats why ive been spending most of last term in my room working, but at the start i made good effort, went out with them etc, but they are not my people. It's too late to move, I have already begun to count down the days i move out of here!!! I am sorry for the rant, but i have no one to tell this too. HELP! is anyone in the same situation, i know there is!! I was dreading coming back, but indeed i do enjoy my course and we are looking for a house, so at least there is something to look forward to, but it is hard because i can't survive without food inthe kitchen lol. Sorry I feel so stupid posting this, there are many people much worse, i should feel lucky.
    I hated them too, I had nice friends on my corridor but they went off with these idiots I didn't like. It got so boring and I lived on crap food and counted the days to go home. They were loud, selfish and boring, bit like yours.

Maybe you could try and make friends through your course or clubs. Or change halls or even go home if you live near enough.

(Original post by Botticello)
    I hated them too, I had nice friends on my corridor but they went off with these idiots I didn't like. It got so boring and I lived on crap food and counted the days to go home. They were loud, selfish and boring, bit like yours.

Maybe you could try and make friends through your course or clubs. Or change halls or even go home if you live near enough.
    Did you stick it out? I am planning to stick it out these just under 4 months... I am looking for house for 2nd year with some course friends which is what i am looknig forward to.

ReputationRep:
    Get a mini fridge? :p: Although I really do think that the more you venture out of your room and see them, the less awkward it'll be.

ReputationRep:
    Anon please.

Naaaaawwwwh! :console:

If I were you I'd move out, like, pronto, mate.

Find a niche of your own!

ReputationRep:
    Did you stick it out? I am planning to stick it out these just under 4 months... I am looking for house for 2nd year with some course friends which is what i am looknig forward to.
    Yes, i did. It was maddening after a while. But it was easier to just put up with it than get into a mess with the fees and contracts and things. Never again!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.