Turn on thread page Beta

Ok,

I had sex with a girl on the POP, however the condom broke. This was almost 3 months ago.

Now this girl recently broke up with her boyfriend which is one of the reason I doubt this but she said that she missed the pill a couple days after we had sex.

Now obviously there is a chance of pregnancy but do the chances increase because she missed a pill a couple days after we had sex?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did she take the pill when she remembered it?

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't she just take a pregnancy test?! If it was 3 months ago then she can test straight away, you can get them in the chemist or supermarket for less than a fiver. It's pretty important for her to find out now because she'd be about 12 weeks pregnant.

Hope everything works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    If she was taking her pills before you had sex then surely your OK. Missing pills after you had sex would make no difference? Maybe I'm wrong?
    I agree with GapYearGirl, pregnancy test seems lime the obvious answer. You can get them at the doctors for free.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would raise the chances, yes. With the combined pill it's not meant to matter much if you miss 1, but the POP is meant to be more strict about taking them and doing it on time. It's still unlikely, though. Ask her to take a test if she's worried?

(Original post by louises88)
    If she was taking her pills before you had sex then surely your OK. Missing pills after you had sex would make no difference? Maybe I'm wrong?
    I agree with GapYearGirl, pregnancy test seems lime the obvious answer. You can get them at the doctors for free.
    It would make a difference if she ovulated a few days after having sex.

right, here's an update.... She apparently hooked up with this guy (her boyfriend) the night she forgot to take the pill (unprotected)....

She then said that she took the pill the next day when she remembered.

She's apparently 10 or 11 weeks according to a doctor or potentially 4 months from the mid-wife.

I might be screwed. (Pun intended).

ReputationRep:
    I think if she was in her third month of pregnancy, she would know about it by now. As far as I know (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong) but the 4th month enters the second trimester, when the stomach begins to swell etc. So up until now, she should have had some clue (although I am well aware that not ALL women have pregnancy signs). The possibility is still there, I am just saying it would be unlikely. Ask her to take a test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    right, here's an update.... She apparently hooked up with this guy (her boyfriend) the night she forgot to take the pill (unprotected)....

She's apparently 10 or 11 weeks according to a doctor or potentially 4 months from the mid-wife.

I didn't see this when I wrote my answer :beard:. So if she is 100% pregnant, because the space between you and the other guy, it will be hard to say who the father is. I would suggest a DNA test.

ReputationRep:

Ahh she's definitely pregnant? You're just going to have to wait for a paternity test. It could definitely be either of you.

Edit: Although it does seem like it'd be more likely to be his, since they apparently used no condom at all? And because if she ovulated as a result of forgetting that pill (I assume she did...) then it'd be much nearer to to the time she had sex with him, not you? It's making me think it's probably not yours, but yeah there'd still be a chance.

ReputationRep:
    if she was on POP (progestogen only pill? correct me if im wrong) then you should be fine, essentially it stops the period and takes time to wear off so she shouldnt be able to get pregnant for 3-5 days minimum after missing it

ReputationRep:

Jeremy Kyle it is.

(Original post by Artymess)
    if she was on POP (progestogen only pill? correct me if im wrong) then you should be fine, essentially it stops the period and takes time to wear off so she shouldnt be able to get pregnant for 3-5 days minimum after missing it

I hope your right but I think it might only take a day or so to be in-effective....

Now i theory this means my sperm would have had to be inside her for 3-4 days before she would be ovulating.

Now, she said she doesn't want her family knowing it could be mine and obviously I now realise this might have been a mistake on my part as the condom was defiently torn.

ReputationRep:
    I hope your right but I think it might only take a day or so to be in-effective....

Now i theory this means my sperm would have had to be inside her for 3-4 days before she would be ovulating.

Now, she said she doesn't want her family knowing it could be mine and obviously I now realise this might have been a mistake on my part as the condom was defiently torn.
    the idea is that there are no eggs released to be fertilised, it takes a few days for the body to get rid of the chemicals and start ovulating again so if she's pregnant then she may have lied about when she missed/stopped taking them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    the idea is that there are no eggs released to be fertilised, it takes a few days for the body to get rid of the chemicals and start ovulating again so if she's pregnant then she may have lied about when she missed/stopped taking them
    You can ovulate from missing 1 pill, and especially with the POP I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    You can ovulate from missing 1 pill, and especially with the POP I think.
    i know, though its highly unlikely to occur after 24 hours. but then again they also say its only effective for 999 women in 1000, so OP may be the unlucky one

You know if your both really young, she could opt for abortion

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.