Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I just passed my driving test last week and was thinking of doing pass plus. I know it will improve my confidence on the road but i was wondering is it worth it insurance wise?

How much did people pay for pass plus?
    How much money did you guys save on insurance?

thanks, Alchemist

ReputationRep:
    Some councils pay half so you only have to pay about £70 for the six hours. IMO, worth it as you've passed so recently. Gave me a lot of confidence for motorway driving. Can't remember how much I saved on insurance, but you will definitely save the full cost of the course in the first year or two.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I haven't passed my test yet (hopefully I will have by this time on Wednesday) but I intend on doing the Pass Plus course. I think the usual cost is about £100 - £150 and you can do it with your current instructor. Have a look here for more information.

ReputationRep:
    Moved because I think you'll get a better response in here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    I haven't passed my test yet (hopefully I will have by this time on Wednesday) but I intend on doing the Pass Plus course. I think the usual cost is about £100 - £150 and you can do it with your current instructor. Have a look here for more information.
    actually not all adi's are pass plus registered, my adi wasnt and i had to do the pass plus with someone else

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether the investment in doing pass plus will save you money on your car insurance or not. There's not much not point doing it if you're not going to save the money in my opinion. Just go with a parent or someone with motorway experience if you want to practice (i would advise this for your first time too) and you should be able to get the hang of doing the other things.

The modules for pass plus are:
    in town - i imagine you've driven in town before
    in all weathers - well, you might not have done icy or snowy but it's unlikey that you'll be able to get these when you do it so just read up on it and go out when you get the chance. If you learnt in the winter then you've probably done them all so it's fine.
    on rural roads - these are easy, just take it slowly around blind bends because you never know when you'll find a massive tractor in the way!
    at night - put your headlights on main beam and remember to dip them and turn them back to main beam.
    on dual carriageways - simplistic motorways. If you can do motorways you can do duel carridgeway
    on motorways - glorified duel carridgeway, a bit harder because you've got to be aware of 3 lanes but generally not too hard!

Anyway, if you had a good instructor then you should have done all of them except motorways. Hence me saying that you should just go and get a motorway lesson or get some practice with someone else on a motorway before you go off on your own!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.