Accommodation with insurance choice Watch

AsTallAsLions
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
If I miss my firm and go to my insurance, does that mean it's likely I won't be in Halls?
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For some unis, you will 'buddy up' with someone else in the same room as you for around a few days to a month, until there is spare accomodation.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AsTallAsLions)
If I miss my firm and go to my insurance, does that mean it's likely I won't be in Halls?
Most universities will guarantee halls for first years, even if you put them as insurance, you just won't have a whole lot of choice available when it comes to choosing so it could be expensive. However, there should be plenty of help available should you need to find private accommodation and plenty of others in the same boat. It's not the end of the world, but try not to miss your offer and then it won't be a problem.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends on the uni. If you don't get in straight away they will have a waiting list for when other people drop out.
Persipan
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It very much depends on the uni. Some will guarantee all first years, some only firm choice applicants, some will only be able to accommodate a percentage of firm choice applicants. Some places allow (or, indeed, require) insurance applicants to apply for accommodation in advance of getting their results; others won't allow them to apply until they know they're coming. Availability of accommodation is one factor worth taking into account when you choose your firm and insurance choices - especially if you have a few options you can't decide between. It's generally a good idea to look at what the arrangements are for each uni you're interested in, as they will vary quite a bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads