The Student Room Group

Which is/are the most common university(ies) people from your school have chosen?

Just a random wondering, does everyone's school seem to have 'favourite' unis that people want to go to?
Why do you think this is or isn't?

At my school a lot of people this year want to go to Lincoln or Northumbria, mainly because of their locations and the grades they require. :smile:

Anyone else noticed any trends at their school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A lot of people I know have applied for Warwick (as have I)
Also many people I know have applied to Sheffield or Nottingham (neither of which I have)
A couple of years ago at my school, the popular ones were probably Warwick, Bristol and Cambridge :smile:.
Quite a few people at my school, of those applying to the UK, are going for King's and Edinburgh. Like, unusually massive portions. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Southampton
Reply 5
Birmingham as is closest.
loads of them went to Leicester. not really sure why!
Reply 7
Definately. UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara. Mainly UC schools. People from my school think I go to UCLA....haha
Reply 8
Oxbridge.
Reply 9
Sheffield Hallam or Leeds Met.

Couple of Leeds Uni's too.
Reply 10
I think it's because people don't want to be too far away from home.
Reply 11
sarah430
Oxbridge.

Oxbridge University, not heard of that one.

Is it any good?
calvinuk
Oxbridge University, not heard of that one.

Is it any good?

Are you a professional comedian?
Reply 13
the 'top 10', basically.
From my school last year the most popular choices were Nottingham, Southampton, Oxford, Durham, York and Exeter. Nottingham won hands down, with 10 or so of us firming offers. 3 of us actually got in on results day, I dropped out 2 months later. Haha.
Sheffield seems to be the one of choice for the last few years, about 10 each year. After that there isn't really a trend, usually uni's surrounding the Midlands.
Sheffield, UoM and Liverpool.

Distance..
at mine it is kingston uni and possibly royal holloway for the higher achievers.....personally, I'm going for med....will be first to every get in from my school if I do....but points not low enoigh for special consideration :frown:
We have several applying to Oxford and Cambridge. But afaik, only like ~5 hold offers at the moment. Durham is also rather popular, as are St. Andrews and Edinburgh.
Reply 19
Well, my classmates have Edinburgh and Sheffield in common. No idea why.

Latest

Trending

Trending