The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Most people i know want to go Plymouth because it's just down the road... *yawn* but other favourites are cardiff, bath, and southampton, still quite local really!
Oxbridge - 50 applied, 13 hold offers.
Southampton is incredibly popular!
And also Leeds.
Reply 42
plymouth, bournemouth, southampton
Tons of people at my college are applying to either: Southbank, LSE or SOAS

It would be difficult to find a person who did not apply to one of these :biggrin:
Sarah182
wow... Haha yes I guess that is a benefit though :p:

My school is arguably the best in my city and less than 5% of my year have oxbridge offers! :eek:

I think a lot of it is down to the attitude of the school. My school is determined to be #1 (league tables, offers, you name it) and so puts a fair amount of pressure on those that it thinks can do well (60% of my year were guided into applying to Oxbridge). The teaching is obviously very very good too :p:
Reply 45
Sunderland, Norwich and BIAD. I don't know much about Sunderland and Norwich really but BCU because the majority of my group want to stay close to home. I'm surprised how many people are choosing to stay close to home at my college.
A couple of years ago, a lot of people I know applied to Oxbridge.
Cardiff
Lot of people went for Warwick. Most got rejected I believe.

Suprisingly only a few applied to Oxbridge. Think about 9. 5 got accepted. Still, it's listed as a record in my state school :p:

UWE and Plymouth popular here too.
Southampton, Plymouth, Exeter, Reading and Cardiff.

All pretty mush surrounding Somerset really.
Reply 49
From my school, probably Kings, UCL, Warwick, Southhampton, Bham, Nottingham
Reply 50
UEL.
Then probably Queen Mary.
when i was applying a huge amount went to essex just because it was the closest uni to home i was suprised not more went to london considering its only 40 mins on the train :/
Reply 52
pigwigeon
From my school last year the most popular choices were Nottingham, Southampton, Oxford, Durham, York and Exeter. Nottingham won hands down, with 14 of us firming offers. 3 of us actually got in on results day, I dropped out 2 months later. Haha.

Why did you drop out?
Kent, Essex, QM, Surrey
Reply 54
Undulipodium
Oxbridge.

More than a third of my year have Oxbridge offers.

which college / sixth form is this? lol
Reply 55
I was in Southampton and there was a clear regional bias - Southampton, Portsmouth, Exeter, Cardiff Oxford and London Unis. Popular ones outside the region were Warwick and Durham. :smile:
EDIT: Oh and Bristol.
Reply 56
Exeter and Brighton seem to be popular over here every year, Warwick was the most popular for those taking Further Maths...meaning all three of us chose it :erm:
Reply 57
Exeter, Durham, Warwick, Nottingham and Southampton.
Reply 58
I go to a totally **** state school and people rarely apply to Uni's over the 50 mark,if they apply at all.
Once every blue moon a genius passes through and applies to Oxbridge,but this year I was the only one to apply anything over about top 40ish.
Reply 59
Sheffield / Manchester / Liverpool / Durham

Latest

Trending

Trending