The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Nottingham, Sheffield and Leeds ....
Reply 61
Over half have at least applied to Worchester..

:s-smilie: ?
hertfordshire
Reply 63
All the ones with 'met' on the end!
sarah430
Oxbridge.

what kind of school do you go to?! :lolwut:
oxbridge only get about 3 applications per place on average, compared to the usual average of about 8! (this stats are from a couple of years ago, but i doubt the figures have changed that much)
Reply 65
annab1684
I just wondered...
I'm only mildly interested myself, I wanted to see if other peoples' schools followed the same trend.
Besides, if you don't like it, no-one's forcing you to read it. :o:

still curious ^_^
Brunel, Queen Mary, Hertfordshire, Kingston, City etc
najeezy
which college / sixth form is this? lol

:ninja2:
Reply 68
Uclan, Salford, Leeds Met (they miss out the Met bit normally lol) and Edge Hill
Mainly due to location and low ucas point offer.
Then a handful go to random redbricks.
Reply 69
Aberdeen and Glasgow seem to be the top choices around here.
Reply 70
From my college:
Nottingham (by a big margin), then Nottingham Trent/Sheffield/Derby/Sheffield Hallam roughly equal, and less so but still a few for Bishop Grossette, Lincoln, and York St John.
Just because of location.
georgina.burt
The local unis, Newcastle, Northumbria, Sunderland and Teeside.

This tho in the last 3 years only 5 people have applied to non-ex polys,
Medicine - Barts
Falilure for medicine ie me - Newcastle, Hull York, Sheffield, Pennisula
English - Durham x2
Computer science - Newcastle

Most popular is definatly Teeside
Undulipodium
I think a lot of it is down to the attitude of the school. My school is determined to be #1 (league tables, offers, you name it) and so puts a fair amount of pressure on those that it thinks can do well (60% of my year were guided into applying to Oxbridge). The teaching is obviously very very good too

What school are you at?
CrookedLegs
Are you a professional comedian?

He's an unoriginally **** one at that.

Main universities are probably Manchester (number one choice, definitely), Leeds, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Nottingham, Warwick and King's. 3 got into Cambridge I think. Many went to ex-polys to be fair though.
I really can't think of any trend whatsoever at my school, it was completely diverse. Perhaps because geographics couldn't play a part - wherever you were going to go, you'd have to take a plane to get there. :p:

I dont know ANY who didn't go to really reputable unis - majority went to the top 20, yet only a couple went to oxbridge. Strange. Interestingly no one went to London, probably too much of a shock to the system.
Reply 75
kent or canterbury christ church just because there the closest and still about 45mins-1hr away
Reply 76
manchester met and uclan are the most common along with u. of manchester and maybe liverpool jm/hope. Said that, last year over 1/3 of people missed their offer and went through clearing :/
Bristol, Plymouth and Exeter are pretty popular at my school. I live in Cornwall though, so it's more of a distance thing I think.
Nottingham is quite popular this year from my school.
So so many have applied for Exeter, especially from the languages department, and this seems to happen every year. Aberystwyth, Swansea and Cardiff are also very popular (though that's hardly surprising as it's a Welsh school so the Mantais option is quite attractive). I know Southampton was very popular last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending