Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    UEL. or UEA.

ReputationRep:
    York/Liverpool/Edge Hill

Quite a few for Bournemouth too I think.. none of which I have applied to :p:

ReputationRep:
    Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Virtually everyone went to Nottingham Trent, or Uni of Nottingham if you're a bit cleverer with the odd few at places like Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam and I'm one of 3 at Leeds Met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMV)
    It should really be "What area's of the country are most commonly applied to"
    How does this relate to my post :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Presumably a highly academic one, probably private (I'd guess one of Winchester, Eton or St Paul's).

I'm not sure what you mean about the application figures — what's your point? (And I mean this in the nicest possible way.)
    Neither one of those three :ninja:

Less grandeur, more pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah430)
    Funny stuff man. Funny stuff.
    Wasn't trying to be funny. Just don't like Oxford and Cambridge being called Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire :s:

ReputationRep:
    UCL, Kings, Imperial, Nottingham and all the good unis and then some went to places like kingston, herts, middlesex etc

I actually go to the worst uni out of all my friends...thank God its a good course

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people who did badly at A level went to UWE and only seem to be there for drinking and partying. Plymouth, Portsmouth, Glamorgan and Bournemouth were also quite common choices for those who were just going to university 'for the experience'.

Cardiff was a popular choice for a lot of good students.

For those who were AAA-ABB it was all about Exeter, Exeter and Exeter. Occasionally, Bath or Bristol would be mentioned, but otherwise Exeter was the one to aim for. I can't think of a university that would be least suited to me! Nobody that I spoke to applied to the major London universities such as UCL or King's and I think I was the only one who applied to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    At my 6th form there was no pattern at all. Any given uni didn't have more than 2 or 3 people applying, so would be impossible to say which uni was the most popular. I lived in herts & essex, so expected a bias for around london, but wasn't there at all. No pattern for attainable-ness either. Mainly red bricks over ex-polys, but that's about the only trend I could make.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, Cambridge,

LSE, and all Actuarial Science applicant in my class has got their offers, except me

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, Edinburgh and probs Manchester/UCL.
    None got into Cambridge this year, sadly. But 5 got offers from Edinburgh including me, none rejected yet they're all still waiting. Guess they love us

ReputationRep:
    I would say York, Leeds, Sheffield and oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt872)
    Southampton
    Birmingham as it's close and relatively good

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Hallam and Kingston are popular.
    No one went for Oxbridge - not a single soul!!

ReputationRep:
    DMU,Kingston and QMUL (albeit only 3 people,myself included) seem popular at mine

we had 3 Oxbridge applicants....neither got in :/

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Hallam and Leeds met for us!

ReputationRep:
    Nearly everyone I know is off to Stratchclyde or Edinburgh... I think there's about 4 of us in the year not moving away for uni!

ReputationRep:
    Why would ANYONE apply to Lincoln? {Horribly boring childhood holiday memories are making me hateful, sorry}

Anyway, the London unis (Queen Mary, UCL, KCL, LSE, Greenwich, Brunel, South Bank etc.) Um, away from London there are a lot of Sussex, Leicester, Warwick, Essex and Exeter applications I think. Like, 1 person every year might try their chances at Cambridge or Oxford. :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.