Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know yet what next years fees have been set at? Is it £1820 again or has it gone up?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it has been set yet but it goes up a wee bit each year - its around £40 a year increase. If its for student finance and you just say you want to borrow the amount for this year (so 1820) your university will then just send you a bill in september/october for the remaining £40 or whatever it gets set as so it isn't a problem. Then you can chose to either pay it upfront there and then or add it onto your loan and borrow the little bit extra.

In my first year (06) it was £1700, then it went to £1735 as I forgot to borrow the additional £35, hence knowing that they just send you a bill

ReputationRep:
    I heard that it was going up to just over £2000, but I might be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolves130)
    That'd be a lot more than previous years - its only gone up £120 in 4 years since the 2006 intake people started, which is when the different fees begun. You may well be right as I have no idea seeing as it doesn't concern me as I graduate in the summer, but it would be odd if it went up around £200 this year when all the other years it has been much less than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolves130)
    Nobody knows - it's not come before the Scottish parliament yet. But I'd be inclined to agree with oxymoronic - I can't imagine fees increasing by any more than £50 or so.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.