Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Being from the city I do already know quite a lot about it, but being only 17 (18 in a few days! ) I am yet to have a proper night out in Nottingham.

I thought this could be a good place for people who do not come from Nottingham or the surrounding area and are considering applying for Nottingham Trent can look to see what the social life is like.

So, what is the social life like at Nottingham Trent?

ReputationRep:
    Notts has a pretty good night life. Depends what you're after really. I made a post ages ago about all the different nights there are on each week (basically, a night out every day of the week, e.g. Oceana or Browns or Market Bar or Bar 11 on Tuesdays, Ocean on Wednesday, Rock City or Gatecrasher or Dogma on Thursdays etc etc).

There's lots of pubs, lots of bars, lots of clubs for different music types. All different price ranges, but you can do a cheap night out (haha E.Q 69p a drink last I heard).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Jacky_B)
    Being from the city I do already know quite a lot about it, but being only 17 (18 in a few days! ) I am yet to have a proper night out in Nottingham.

I thought this could be a good place for people who do not come from Nottingham or the surrounding area and are considering applying for Nottingham Trent can look to see what the social life is like.

So, what is the social life like at Nottingham Trent?
    Trent halls = nuts in most places, and the Nottingham nightlife is AMAZING.
    Here's why:

Monday:
    E.Q. - 69p drinks
    Walkabout/BZR - £1 drinks, triples for singles at BZR!
    Tuesday:
    Oceana
    Market Bar (Old Skool hip hop, chilled out night)
    Walkabout/BZR (Vodkabunker) - same as Mondays
    Wednesday
    OCEAN - Do NOT go anywhere else on a Weds!! All the socials - sports clubs and societies - plus normal students go here for the messiest night of the week, don't miss out.
    Thursday:
    Rock City
    Revoultion
    Gatecrasher
    Stealth
    Walkabout
    Friday:
    The Point (Clifton SU bar - £1 drinks - reccommended for Peverell people! It's like a nightclub with you your mates and fellow cliftonites in, gets really messy real quick and you can get away with so much in there haha.)
    E.Q. - £1 Drinks
    Saturday:
    Gatecrasher
    The Pulse (City SU)

That's a selection; mainly the main nights there. Notts nightlife is AMAZING. I didn't include any of the ridiculous amounts of bars, pre-bars, pubs and other places in there either!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenjiDeane)
    Trent halls = nuts in most places, and the Nottingham nightlife is AMAZING.
    Here's why:

Monday:
    E.Q. - 69p drinks
    Walkabout/BZR - £1 drinks, triples for singles at BZR!
    Tuesday:
    Oceana
    Market Bar (Old Skool hip hop, chilled out night)
    Walkabout/BZR (Vodkabunker) - same as Mondays
    Wednesday
    OCEAN - Do NOT go anywhere else on a Weds!! All the socials - sports clubs and societies - plus normal students go here for the messiest night of the week, don't miss out.
    Thursday:
    Rock City
    Revoultion
    Gatecrasher
    Stealth
    Walkabout
    Friday:
    The Point (Clifton SU bar - £1 drinks - reccommended for Peverell people! It's like a nightclub with you your mates and fellow cliftonites in, gets really messy real quick and you can get away with so much in there haha.)
    E.Q. - £1 Drinks
    Saturday:
    Gatecrasher
    The Pulse (City SU)

That's a selection; mainly the main nights there. Notts nightlife is AMAZING. I didn't include any of the ridiculous amounts of bars, pre-bars, pubs and other places in there either!!
    Cheers, sounds good mate

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.