Turn on thread page Beta

Cervical cancer vaccine catch-up in scotland watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had the first two doses of the vaccine in July and August so am due for the third and final one but I moved to Scotland in September and am unsure how to go about getting the jab.

At home it was given by the nurse at my GP's. However I phones my new GP here in Dundee and they dont do it, they gave me the number for the vaccine clinic at the hospital who told me they dont do it either and gave me the location of a community pharmacy. I went there and they told me they didnt have anyone trained to do it so basically after three attempts I'm back to square one.

It was due on the 18th on january so my question is, A) how do I get the vaccine? B) will they want proof of the other 2 jabs and my NHS status? and 3) Does it matter when I get it?

ReputationRep:
    Could you travel to England for it?

I don't think it matters if you get it late, only that it's been at least a month (or whatever, can't remember) since the last one. My last one was a couple of weeks late, maybe more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Could you travel to England for it?

I don't think it matters if you get it late, only that it's been at least a month (or whatever, can't remember) since the last one. My last one was a couple of weeks late, maybe more.

I suppose I could get it in england but i wont get home now till easter and i'm no longer registered with my old gp so i'm not sure how that would work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    I suppose I could get it in england but i wont get home now till easter and i'm no longer registered with my old gp so i'm not sure how that would work
    I guess just phone around places in areas near you. Somewhere must do it!

ReputationRep:
    Tried Ninewells? I'm not sure, I got mine whilst at school.

If you're familiar with The Corner sexual health clinic in the city centre, then you should ask them. They know everything about this stuff. My mum works there, I'm constantly fed this information. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Tried Ninewells? I'm not sure, I got mine whilst at school.

If you're familiar with The Corner sexual health clinic in the city centre, then you should ask them. They know everything about this stuff. My mum works there, I'm constantly fed this information. :yes:
    Tried ninewells, they gave me the number for kings cross. Didnt think of trying The Corner. Heard of it but dont know where it is, any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squillyfer)
    Tried ninewells, they gave me the number for kings cross. Didnt think of trying The Corner. Heard of it but dont know where it is, any help?
    You know where Gregg's is on Castle Street? The one between KFC and the bank? You basically walk right down that street, past Sally's salon services and it's on the corner at the bottom, dark green building, pretty hard to miss.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.