Turn on thread page Beta

Fave Footy Team watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondered which football team everybody supported on here, and what you think about them, how theyre doing etc. No glory supporters :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I am an ipswich town fan.
    After a dreadful start to the season, we are now starting to stabilise, with only two league losses in the past 19 games.
    Keane is slowly turning things around.
    We have two main issues at the moment
    1) we keep conceding in injury time (if we hadnt conceded at all in injury time this season we would be about 10th)
    2) we dont have a 1st choice, top class goal scorer (our top scorers have 6 goals each)
    I think we will end up in about 11th place if we sign a goalscorer, and about 15th if we dont. even though i dont think either is very likely at all, at this point in time relegation is more likely than promotion

ReputationRep:
    Die Hard Bradford City fan.

1 win in 2 months says it all. Sorry McCall but you're a sh!t manager, time to go.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been done to death, I'm afraid. I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way. Always have been, always will be.

ReputationRep:
    York City fan
    Proudest moment: Man Utd 0-3 York City (1995)
    Good York players to come through system and be sold in last 10 years: Richard Cresswell, Jon Parkin, Martyn Woolford, Jonathan Greening, Dean Kiely, Clayton Donaldson, and now, the 'angel of the north' Richard Brodie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    York City fan
    Proudest moment: Man Utd 0-3 York City (1995)
    Good York players to come through system and be sold in last 10 years: Richard Cresswell, Jon Parkin, Martyn Woolford, Jonathan Greening, Dean Kiely, Clayton Donaldson, and now, the 'angel of the north' Richard Brodie.
    Did you go the stoke match?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    This thread has been done to death, I'm afraid. I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way. Always have been, always will be.
    he said no glory hunters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    he said no glory hunters.
    **** off. I started supporting Arsenal before Wenger even took over, so don't give me that bull.

ReputationRep:
    **** off. I started supporting Arsenal before Wenger even took over, so don't give me that bull.
    Wenger has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    Coventry City supporter here, have been since i was little

But also love Barcelona, love watching them week in week out on sky........Best footy team in world atm

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Wenger has nothing to do with it.
    Right. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

By your logic, that makes Blackburn, Villa, Wolves and Nottingham Forest 'glory clubs'.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Did you go the stoke match?
    Certainly did - I thought York were fantastic. If only we had kept the lead for a little longer. Credit to Stoke as well though, their quality showed through in the end.

ReputationRep:

By your logic, that makes Blackburn, Villa, Wolves and Nottingham Forest 'glory clubs'.

But the majority of Blackburn, Villa, Wolves and Nottingham Forest fans live somewhere in the vicinity of those places, whereas Southampton, where it says you live, why not follow Southampton? or did you used to live in London?

ReputationRep:
    And I am a die hard Huddersfield Town fan, most promising season in a while and hoping to be in the championship next season, yeovil away tuesday night, southampton away tuesday night, stood out in the open end in the rain, that's football supporting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHOPS3012)
    But the majority of Blackburn, Villa, Wolves and Nottingham Forest fans live somewhere in the vicinity of those places, whereas Southampton, where it says you live, why not follow Southampton? or did you used to live in London?
    My dad was always an Arsenal fan so I followed on from him. I'm only at University here, though I do attend Southampton games now and again. My real home is down in Dorset and I still want my local clubs (Dorchester Town, Weymouth, Exeter City, Yeovil Town and Bristol City/Rovers) to do well, I'm not that deluded :p:

I actually play for my nearest football club too.

ReputationRep:

no they are not, they have only had "glory" a long time ago or priefly. the fans if them clubs are true supporters and are 10 times a supporter you will ever be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Certainly did - I thought York were fantastic. If only we had kept the lead for a little longer. Credit to Stoke as well though, their quality showed through in the end.

The big striker you york had made me laugh so much that day, think he was called brodie.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.