Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi Guys

    I applied for university a few months ago and applied as a deffered entry due to circumstances here at home.

    However circumstances have now changed and its best that i go to university ASAP, i.e. this year rather than taking a gap year.

    So my question is: how do i go about changing my entry after i have received and accepted offers so that i can go off this year rather than next? if at all possible.

    Thanks in advance.

    ask the unis?

    I assume it'd be the same as if it was the other way around, just email/ring the uni and ask if it is too late to change, because they might have already filled up the course.

    Same as me.
    What you need to do is e-mail or write a letter to your universities saying how you was going to defer your place and now you want to start in September 2010. You have to sign it and write your personal details (UCAS username etc) and state which course. You must sign it apparently as they can't make any changes without your signature.
    Hope this helps!
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.