Turn on thread page Beta

Where would you rather live and why? England or Australia? watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought i'd actually see what English people thought, seeing as so many emigrate out there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scottish? Does that count?

Australia, 300 days of sunshine compared to our 300 days of rain.....

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer to live in England. I prefer to live where I am indigenous. I prefer to live in my ancestral homeland.

ReputationRep:
    England. Because I'm British.

ReputationRep:
    Australia sun & better life

ReputationRep:
    England. My family are there

ReputationRep:
    Australia, definitely. Better weather & generally better quality of life.

ReputationRep:
    England. Specifically London. More prosperous and greater opportunity for advancement.

Sydney is nothing compared to London as an international financial centre.

ReputationRep:
    England. I'm not a fan of heat.

ReputationRep:
    gotta go with aus

my uncle moved out there a few years ago, and seeing the quality of life compared to here...........well no contest really

ReputationRep:
    the grass seems greener in Australia...

ReputationRep:
    England. I've never seen that appeal of Australia. I'd like to visit Ramsey Street but thats it really.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea as to what Australia's like, so I can't comment.

ReputationRep:
    Australia. It's got nicer weather, nicer looking surroundings, decent beaches, a better quality of life and cheaper houses. The people also seem very friendly (compared to where I live at the moment where they tend to look down their noses at you.) And they have nicer accents I'm in love with the place.

ReputationRep:
    England is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior.

Autralia: Pretty racist, ridiculously high rates of skin cancer, the seasons aren't split it is just constantly warm, loads of crazy little bugs that can kill and its reletively iscolated from the rest of the world. BUT, suppose there are a few good points; its sunny and warm beaches, there are lots of job opportunities down there at the moment erm...?

England: Diverse, split seasons, no scary animals that kill, nicely geographically sized (not hhheeeeuuuuuge- you can get from one end to the other in less that a day), its positioned well within some of the major developed countries (easy to get around). It has bad point too of course like having tons of people squished on to its land, but were all cosier for it.

ReputationRep:
    Australia's government scares me.

ReputationRep:
    Canada.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to live somewhere that is constantly warm and I would definitely want to go and visit, but England has fewer nasty animals that make you die and Christmas wouldn't be Christmas on the beach.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not English but I would move to Australia because England is too cold for me to handle.

ReputationRep:
    England, because I honestly could not cope with the heat in Australia.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.