Turn on thread page Beta

Hello...anyone whose got great organisation skills your help is required watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello...How are You? Please read this.

My name is Karema and i am currently doing my AS levels in History, English Literature, French and Economics.
    I really want to exceed my A-level predictions which are ABCC which isn't really very good especially for someone who wants to achieve alot higher inorder to study Law.
    We are now in January but heading for February and all my exams are at the end of the year may/June but i am still unaware of my timetable (i could potentially have 2 exams on the same morning) but i don't know. Therefore, i think its best to over prepare. I have been working as i go along but i really need to know how to split up all the work. Should i start practise papers now or as i go along? Its wierd. Therefore i need the help of anyone who is organised at structuring a revision timetable or has already done good at A-level.

Karema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karema66)
    Hello...How are You? Please read this.

My name is Karema and i am currently doing my AS levels in History, English Literature, French and Economics.
    I really want to exceed my A-level predictions which are ABCC which isn't really very good especially for someone who wants to achieve alot higher inorder to study Law.
    We are now in January but heading for February and all my exams are at the end of the year may/June but i am still unaware of my timetable (i could potentially have 2 exams on the same morning) but i don't know. Therefore, i think its best to over prepare. I have been working as i go along but i really need to know how to split up all the work. Should i start practise papers now or as i go along? Its wierd. Therefore i need the help of anyone who is organised at structuring a revision timetable or has already done good at A-level.

Karema
    I'm an unorganised person, but I have ways to get around doing tons of revision for History and English. In History you have to do some revision, you can't get out of it, but concentrate on practise essays which cover broad areas (e.g: do a question about the effect the great reform act had on the beginnings of chartism rather than one question on the great reform act and one on chartism, it covers two topics instead of one).

English is a lot easier, especially at A2. Do essay plans which cover the areas that are most likely to come up and memorise them. That way, instead of learning 200 quotes and using 10, you learn 20 and use 10, plus you go in already knowing the set up of your essay. You might have to manipulate the question a bit to bring it around to the essay you want to write, but don't let them bully you into answering the question they ask you, it's really just there as a guideline

Plus, make an argument that they wont have heard before. The examiners sit there all day marking boring paper after boring paper, give them something to wake them up. On my AS paper I based my entire essay on how the characters in the book had problems because they were Conservatives and I got 106/120, even though the book had nothing to do with politics. If you have a decent angle they lap it up.

Of course, i'm obligated to tell you to not use any of that advice and to just do 8 hours of revision a day like a good student *nods* :p:

Well if your exam board is AQA they have the exam timetables for may/june on their website, so you can check if you like.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.