Turn on thread page Beta

Sixth Form College interview Monday, SO NERVOUS. SO many questions - help?!? watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've got an interview for sixth form college Monday. It's only 10 minutes! I need to impress them!

The college is really over-subscribed. It's one on it's own as well, not attached to a high school, but my I fall into the catchment for it, thankfully.

You need 6 Bs at GCSE, minimum, to get in. My mock results were: 2 As, 5 Bs and a C.

The C was in history, which I was meant to get an A in ;\, I dunno what happened. I was planning on changing my A-Level from ICT to History, but after that result, I don't know whether to mention it or not? ;\.

What sort of questions will they ask me?? How should I sit? Should I do my top button up on my shirt, because we never normally do at school. Do I go for the handshake first?! I'M NERVOUS AS HELL :s:s:s:s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    I've got an interview for sixth form college Monday. It's only 10 minutes! I need to impress them!

The college is really over-subscribed. It's one on it's own as well, not attached to a high school, but my I fall into the catchment for it, thankfully.

You need 6 Bs at GCSE, minimum, to get in. My mock results were: 2 As, 5 Bs and a C.

The C was in history, which I was meant to get an A in ;\, I dunno what happened. I was planning on changing my A-Level from ICT to History, but after that result, I don't know whether to mention it or not? ;\.

What sort of questions will they ask me?? How should I sit? Should I do my top button up on my shirt, because we never normally do at school. Do I go for the handshake first?! I'M NERVOUS AS HELL :s:s:s:s
    Just have a clear idea of why you want to study the a levels that you have chosen. They just want to know a bit about you!

I would say smart casual, you dont want to seem overdressed.. or underdressed for that matter.

Good luck.

No top button imo.....And chill man you'll get in trust me :top: The more nervous you are, the more likely you'll flop so chill :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I got into my sixth form on the day they started because I decided that the one I choose to go to wasn't very good :yep:
    Don't worry, just do what you feel is right!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be too concerned, there's a huge difference between uni interviews and sixth form ones, if you have the grades - which you clearly do! - trust me, you're already in. I remember my interview, I think I just sat and listened to the guy talk for 5 minutes, and then just filled in a form saying what A levels I roughly wanted to do, signed a form, and off I went. No leaving impressions was necessary, I didn't open with a joke or a magic trick or anything. And my college was pretty oversubscribed too, second most popular in the county.

ReputationRep:
    It wont be as bad as you think, it's not important what so ever if it's 10 mins long! Probs just to confirm what A levels you wanna do and put a face to the name so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry im in my first year at a sixth form and the interview wasnt that bad all they really asked is:

why do you want to do these alevels
    where do want to see yourself in 5-10 yrs time
    what career path do you want to follow
    how much research have you done into the career you want to follow (this was at my interview for a grammer school sixth form so they probs wont ask you that)
    erm...whats your fav subject and why
    and how and how long will it take you to travel to college

all those questions probably wont come up cause at other sixth form interviews they barely asked anything but these are the worst that can come up so chill...its when uni interviews come the panic starts

oh and do the handshake...not too firm or too flimsily LOL
    and as someone said above not too smart or too casual...maybe a (top button open) shirt and smart black trousers
    gd luck

ReputationRep:
    Chill out, it's only Sixth Form...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)

Calm down. I'm in the same situation as you. My interview to the only sixth form colledge in my city is on Tuesday and it's oversubcribed as hell--and it's my first choice.

Look, I got a D in a subject I'm meant to be taking for A level but I'm still keeping my cool.

If things don't go well, you still have your school sixth form (assuming your school has one) and they usually always let thier own students in, no problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Chill out, it's only Sixth Form...
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the GCSE grade in History affect you. If you want to do it, mention it and then if they mention the grade say you were disappointed with it and explain why. No point in doing an A level you don't want to do because you're affraid of asking to do another one.

You'll be fine, don't worry. Just answer truthfully, I hardly see any preparation's necessary for sixth form interviews.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.