Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

basically there's a guy i met quite a while ago now, and i really can't work out what the hell is going on.

we met in a bar through mutual friends, clicked straight away and chatted loads, ended up quite drunk and sleeping with each other that night. we met up a few times after that, and we chatted lots/hung out but it always ended in us kissing/doing other stuff too. however, he also hugged me lots and stroked my hair/held my hand, whilst saying stuff like how i was 'cute' when i was all cuddled up etc. he did this both before and after sexual stuff.

i did ask him straight out (a while ago) what the situation was, and he said that i was hot and he liked hanging out but he wasn't looking for a girlfriend/anything serious. that's fair enough, and i told him so, but he still continued with the lovey dovey stuff? after a while, i decided i couldn't be bothered with it and stopped seeing him so much/told him exactly how i felt, which he listened to and accepted.

however, he still starts conversations with me over facebook etc. all the time and asks me to meet up etc. i've asked him if he's just after 'one thing' and he says he's not - even though i've said it's fine if he is. i do fancy him and flirt with him occasionally and i could accept it as just a bit of fun if that's what it was, but it makes me feel awkward when he does other more 'romantic' stuff. i like it, and i like him, but he's said he doesn't want a relationship so i don't understand why he does it and i don't want to get screwed over.

any advice? should i just distance myself completely?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.