Zante 2009 how much spending money to take on holiday??? Watch

LouisVuitton43
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
going to zante for 1 week self catering in the summer with friends :p:

will be going out most nights, and for dinner (cheap and cheerful most likely but then again maybe not) and planning maybe to go to a waterpark or some other amusing things for when we are burnt :p:

anyone been there and know how expensive stuff is and how much money i'll need???

never been without family, so need some guidance:p:
CookieArun
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been away before but not to Zante and I took a good 700 which lasted me the whole week and a half, I was out every night partying and eating out aswell.

So yeah take about 500-1000 'cause you need it if you plan to go out most nights and shopping etc :awesome:
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
Year fail.
un-jardin-sur-le-nil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i went to kavos and took £350 for 2 weeks. we ate out about 5 times and went out into town drinking every night bar 2 nights. it was enough for me, we went to foam parties and a boat trip.
i seriously think £1000 is too much.
olly_springs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went all inclusive, so all my stuff was paid for, but I just wanted to let you know you're going to have a qualityyyy time, and deffo go to the waterpark one day.
Red Alert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
im pretty sure you're not going in 2009, but take about £60 per day. do some things on the cheap for a few days (all you can drink bars) and then you can spend more on the others but you will easily blow £20 on food if you eat out 3 times a day even if they are cheapish places
schoolstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
can't have much left after time travel costs though, can you?
sokissme18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
id say 3-400
i went a few years ago. oh if youre going 18-30 dont book with their events, itll eat up the majortiy of your money and its a rip off
sokissme18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
p.s if you go cheap 250-300 will be fine. if you wanna eat out everynight/spend loads then more
tropical-twist3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CookieArun)
I've been away before but not to Zante and I took a good 700 which lasted me the whole week and a half, I was out every night partying and eating out aswell.

So yeah take about 500-1000 'cause you need it if you plan to go out most nights and shopping etc :awesome:
WHAT THE ****!

Zante is really cheap! I took 200 quid, spent 50 euros on presents for people and the rest I went out every night, drinking every night, eating out every night!

OP you do not nead that much spending money!!! 500 max..
DeeDub
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I spend about £300 in a week in Corfu and that was eating out and going out every day. Despite being in the Eurozone Greece is still cheap. You can get a pint of beer for £1-1.50 and a proper evening meal for £6-8. Food in the shops however was really expensive.
CookieArun
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tropical-twist3)
WHAT THE ****!

Zante is really cheap! I took 200 quid, spent 50 euros on presents for people and the rest I went out every night, drinking every night, eating out every night!

OP you do not nead that much spending money!!! 500 max..
It was New York..
un-jardin-sur-le-nil
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was New York..

Well then that's rubbish advice, comparing New York (!!) to a greek party island?
If you didn't have relevant experience I don't see why you replied.
James09
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LouisVuitton43)
going to zante for 1 week self catering in the summer with friends :p:

will be going out most nights, and for dinner (cheap and cheerful most likely but then again maybe not) and planning maybe to go to a waterpark or some other amusing things for when we are burnt :p:

anyone been there and know how expensive stuff is and how much money i'll need???

never been without family, so need some guidance:p:
me too :woo:

I'm thinking about £50 per day should do it so I'll hopefully spend 350-450 max. I'll probably take more to be on the safe side.
tropical-twist3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was New York..
....so.....why did you even post in the thread? :rofl: :suith:
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I see you will be travelling by time machine. Make sure you say hi to some of my friends who also went last year.
LouisVuitton43
Rep:
?
ooopss,
forgot its 2010....
haaa.

anyway.

NO CHANCE im taking a £1000
point in that :|

hmm, my friends said take like £700. but im a bit skint, and dont really eat much....

i guess ill take what i can afford....
but need a rough idea i guess to start saving...
tropical-twist3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ooopss,
forgot its 2010....
haaa.

anyway.

NO CHANCE im taking a £1000
point in that :|

hmm, my friends said take like £700. but im a bit skint, and dont really eat much....

i guess ill take what i can afford....
but need a rough idea i guess to start saving...
You'll be fine with 300, honest, I took 200 and I ate out every night and drank every night
LouisVuitton43
Rep:
?
(Original post by tropical-twist3)
You'll be fine with 300, honest, I took 200 and I ate out every night and drank every night

phewww.
so, im going to aim for £400-£500, so might end up short, but no worries

got well scared when they said £700.
i was like, i cant afford that :|:|

yeah, and if all else fails ill borrow some of their unused money and pay them back. :rolleyes:

thanks guys!
tropical-twist3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
phewww.
so, im going to aim for £400-£500, so might end up short, but no worries

got well scared when they said £700.
i was like, i cant afford that :|:|

yeah, and if all else fails ill borrow some of their unused money and pay them back. :rolleyes:

thanks guys!
You'll have double what I took! I went for a week though, but yeah you'll be fiiine
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (353)
45.55%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (240)
30.97%
I don't have an opinion (182)
23.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise