Turn on thread page Beta

Zante 2009 how much spending money to take on holiday??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    going to zante for 1 week self catering in the summer with friends :p:

will be going out most nights, and for dinner (cheap and cheerful most likely but then again maybe not) and planning maybe to go to a waterpark or some other amusing things for when we are burnt :p:

anyone been there and know how expensive stuff is and how much money i'll need???

never been without family, so need some guidance:p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been away before but not to Zante and I took a good 700 which lasted me the whole week and a half, I was out every night partying and eating out aswell.

So yeah take about 500-1000 'cause you need it if you plan to go out most nights and shopping etc :awesome:

Year fail.

ReputationRep:
    i went to kavos and took £350 for 2 weeks. we ate out about 5 times and went out into town drinking every night bar 2 nights. it was enough for me, we went to foam parties and a boat trip.
    i seriously think £1000 is too much.

ReputationRep:
    I went all inclusive, so all my stuff was paid for, but I just wanted to let you know you're going to have a qualityyyy time, and deffo go to the waterpark one day.

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure you're not going in 2009, but take about £60 per day. do some things on the cheap for a few days (all you can drink bars) and then you can spend more on the others but you will easily blow £20 on food if you eat out 3 times a day even if they are cheapish places

ReputationRep:
    can't have much left after time travel costs though, can you?

ReputationRep:
    id say 3-400
    i went a few years ago. oh if youre going 18-30 dont book with their events, itll eat up the majortiy of your money and its a rip off

ReputationRep:
    p.s if you go cheap 250-300 will be fine. if you wanna eat out everynight/spend loads then more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    I've been away before but not to Zante and I took a good 700 which lasted me the whole week and a half, I was out every night partying and eating out aswell.

So yeah take about 500-1000 'cause you need it if you plan to go out most nights and shopping etc :awesome:
    WHAT THE ****!

Zante is really cheap! I took 200 quid, spent 50 euros on presents for people and the rest I went out every night, drinking every night, eating out every night!

OP you do not nead that much spending money!!! 500 max..

ReputationRep:
    I spend about £300 in a week in Corfu and that was eating out and going out every day. Despite being in the Eurozone Greece is still cheap. You can get a pint of beer for £1-1.50 and a proper evening meal for £6-8. Food in the shops however was really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    WHAT THE ****!

Zante is really cheap! I took 200 quid, spent 50 euros on presents for people and the rest I went out every night, drinking every night, eating out every night!

OP you do not nead that much spending money!!! 500 max..
    It was New York..

ReputationRep:
    It was New York..

Well then that's rubbish advice, comparing New York (!!) to a greek party island?
    If you didn't have relevant experience I don't see why you replied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    going to zante for 1 week self catering in the summer with friends :p:

will be going out most nights, and for dinner (cheap and cheerful most likely but then again maybe not) and planning maybe to go to a waterpark or some other amusing things for when we are burnt :p:

anyone been there and know how expensive stuff is and how much money i'll need???

never been without family, so need some guidance:p:
    me too :woo:

I'm thinking about £50 per day should do it so I'll hopefully spend 350-450 max. I'll probably take more to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    It was New York..
    ....so.....why did you even post in the thread? :rofl: :suith:

ReputationRep:
    I see you will be travelling by time machine. Make sure you say hi to some of my friends who also went last year.

ReputationRep:
    ooopss,
    forgot its 2010....
    haaa.

anyway.

NO CHANCE im taking a £1000
    point in that :|

hmm, my friends said take like £700. but im a bit skint, and dont really eat much....

i guess ill take what i can afford....
    but need a rough idea i guess to start saving...

ReputationRep:
    ooopss,
    forgot its 2010....
    haaa.

anyway.

NO CHANCE im taking a £1000
    point in that :|

hmm, my friends said take like £700. but im a bit skint, and dont really eat much....

i guess ill take what i can afford....
    but need a rough idea i guess to start saving...
    You'll be fine with 300, honest, I took 200 and I ate out every night and drank every night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    You'll be fine with 300, honest, I took 200 and I ate out every night and drank every night

phewww.
    so, im going to aim for £400-£500, so might end up short, but no worries

got well scared when they said £700.
    i was like, i cant afford that :|:|

yeah, and if all else fails ill borrow some of their unused money and pay them back. :rolleyes:

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    phewww.
    so, im going to aim for £400-£500, so might end up short, but no worries

got well scared when they said £700.
    i was like, i cant afford that :|:|

yeah, and if all else fails ill borrow some of their unused money and pay them back. :rolleyes:

thanks guys!
    You'll have double what I took! I went for a week though, but yeah you'll be fiiine

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.