ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    ooopss,
    forgot its 2010....
    haaa.

anyway.

NO CHANCE im taking a £1000
    point in that :|

hmm, my friends said take like £700. but im a bit skint, and dont really eat much....

i guess ill take what i can afford....
    but need a rough idea i guess to start saving...

Went to Kos last year and took 250 for a week and it lasted me. Personaly, I would say 400 max but it matters how much shopping and stuff you do.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to zante for the first time this year too and was planning to take £500 max, glad to see people have survived a week on that!

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Ayia Napa twice and Magaluf once, probably only took about £500 each time and all holidays were two weeks. Drinks and stuff out there are really cheap, lots of deals.

ReputationRep:
    18-30s guide for zante atm is:
    Spirit and Mixer - £3.50
    Pint of Beer - £2.50
    Soft Drink - £2.50
    Bottle of Water - £1
    Loaf Of Bread - £2.50

im going to gran canaria in march for st patricks day and aiming to take £500, im going to be drinking most nights but aiming on only spending around £300 cos i need the money for my whole summer abroad
    Have fun in Zante

ReputationRep:
    im going to zante this year too!
    when are you going and where are you staying ? x :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanieemma)
    im going to zante this year too!
    when are you going and where are you staying ? x :woo:

going in june... 13th ish. idk exactly :rolleyes:
    staying in something that sounds like vivienee? something like that.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    My brother went zante 2 yearss ago and took £1000 spending money for one week im going text year with my girls and are taking the same, whos going in august to the vivien hotel? x

ReputationRep:
    To save making a new thread does anyone know how expensive Portugal (Albufeira) is? Do you reckon I can get away with a similar amount of money to Zante?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    To save making a new thread does anyone know how expensive Portugal (Albufeira) is? Do you reckon I can get away with a similar amount of money to Zante?

ich habe keine idea (sp, gr? )...

es tut mir leid.

:| haha!

OHHHHHH,
    but i went to albufeira this october! with my mum though, dont know how expensive it was....
    i think its more expensive than zante, but doubt by much.

probs £500 - £600 ? i dont really know :p:
    as much as you can afford to bring!
    better too much than too little.

ReputationRep:
    phewww.
    so, im going to aim for £400-£500, so might end up short, but no worries

got well scared when they said £700.
    i was like, i cant afford that :|:|

yeah, and if all else fails ill borrow some of their unused money and pay them back. :rolleyes:

thanks guys!

I went last year in 2009 and I took £450 worth of Euros and took £50 sterling, i then also used £50 on the last day from my debit card. I think £500 max. I only spent more because I was stupid and took the deal off the reps which is to be honest a complete rip off. The only decent deal we got was the booze cruise! You won't need anything near £1000. PROMISE you on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHamm5590)
    My brother went zante 2 yearss ago and took £1000 spending money for one week im going text year with my girls and are taking the same, whos going in august to the vivien hotel? x

The Vivian is a big mistake. I stayed there and I tell you now that you will be complaining within the first 5 minutes. It is SO strict. You aren't allowed to drink in other peoples rooms, just your own. One day, the owner shut the pool because people jumped in it!!! Good Luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VicCoop)
    The Vivian is a big mistake. I stayed there and I tell you now that you will be complaining within the first 5 minutes. It is SO strict. You aren't allowed to drink in other peoples rooms, just your own. One day, the owner shut the pool because people jumped in it!!! Good Luck to you.

i heard the vivian was strict.

ach well...
    nothing we can do now...

suppose well just be sleeping in it, and beach / clubs etcc the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone said before me, just take as much as you can afford

I went to Zante last year, did it self-catering & took £350 with me.
    There really isn't that much to buy in way of presents etc & you'll feel bloody awful in the morning, to eat out for Dinner! haha

We'd just eat crap during the day, went to the water park, which was amazing! & then had a proper meal before going out for the night! The drinks are reletivley cheap aswell, so below £500 should cover you safely xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    18-30s guide for zante atm is:
    Spirit and Mixer - £3.50
    Pint of Beer - £2.50
    Soft Drink - £2.50
    Bottle of Water - £1
    Loaf Of Bread - £2.50

im going to gran canaria in march for st patricks day and aiming to take £500, im going to be drinking most nights but aiming on only spending around £300 cos i need the money for my whole summer abroad
    Have fun in Zante

Went to greece last summer, for girls they half those prices haha. If you dance on the bar (which you will, everyone does) you get like free fishbowls, shots, whatever. Also if a place is a bit empty you'll get drinks just for going in.... Just chat to the PRs and they'll give you tons for free.

But yeah OP, with all the free shots etc doubt you'll need more than 25 euros each night you go out. We all took £400 and most of us came back with money. We went out for dinner twice, breakfast everyday (fryups = £3!) , did a couple of big supermarket shops, bought a stupid amount of rubber rings and lilos and souvenirs, drinking every night, and rented a boat.

Also if you do run out of money... go out early, tell the PRs you're really skint and they'll just give you stuff for free at least until the bar gets full up!!

have fun! don't take a grand!! whoever said thats insane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    I went ot Albufeira last summer after i got back from greece! Firstly... IT IS SO SO SO GOOD!!! Seriously, Im planning on moving there and possibly working as a PR.

Secondly, bit more expensive than greece, especially on the main strip. There's an excellent bar called Zoo bar which is incredibly cheap though, I think where we were there all pints were 1 euro before 11. Drinks in the bigger clubs like Matt's and Kiss are more expensive than greece but still cheaper than england, and you'll get tons of freebies and deals.
    You still get stuff from the PRs but not as much as in greece.

But yea take the same amount as you would for Zante (£400 i'd say) maybe a bit extra because Albufiera has the most amazing shopping mall - get a taxi transfer there, its open till 10pm, literally the best thing to do before a night out .

Also can i just say that portugese boys are generally incredibly hot and albufeira has way less chavvy red sunburnt fat english men than greece so good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyalisa)
    I went ot Albufeira last summer after i got back from greece! Firstly... IT IS SO SO SO GOOD!!! Seriously, Im planning on moving there and possibly working as a PR.

Secondly, bit more expensive than greece, especially on the main strip. There's an excellent bar called Zoo bar which is incredibly cheap though, I think where we were there all pints were 1 euro before 11. Drinks in the bigger clubs like Matt's and Kiss are more expensive than greece but still cheaper than england, and you'll get tons of freebies and deals.
    You still get stuff from the PRs but not as much as in greece.

But yea take the same amount as you would for Zante (£400 i'd say) maybe a bit extra because Albufiera has the most amazing shopping mall - get a taxi transfer there, its open till 10pm, literally the best thing to do before a night out .

Also can i just say that portugese boys are generally incredibly hot and albufeira has way less chavvy red sunburnt fat english men than greece so good choice.
    Ah, excellent, thanks for the info +rep.
    I've got a bf so am not particularly interested in the Portugese boys...however I'm sure my friends will appreciate me passing this comment along :p:

ReputationRep:
    going to zante for 1 week self catering in the summer with friends :p:

will be going out most nights, and for dinner (cheap and cheerful most likely but then again maybe not) and planning maybe to go to a waterpark or some other amusing things for when we are burnt :p:

anyone been there and know how expensive stuff is and how much money i'll need???

never been without family, so need some guidance:p:
    Hiya! I went to Zante last year for a week self catered - I took £400 worth of Euros with me and came home with spare! (I'm dead jealous of you going this year, I had the best week EVERR)

What you have to know about Zante is that the people that run the clubs are completely sexist! BUT it sways our way There are club reps outside every single club begging us gals to come into their bars/clubs if they give you like 3 cocktails or 5 shots for 5 Euros (& the alcohol out there is industrial strength! - AAHH ) oh yeah plus its free to get in the clubs on top of that.. & free drinks for say dancing on the bar? lol.

SO - i dunno how much you drink a night but i reckon i spent about 15/20 Euros a night ..& got preeeeeetty wasted

Food wise - we prob spent around 8/10 Euros on average an evening then 5 Euros for lunch or whatever

Then money for day trips/exclusive parties maybe 50/80 Euros for the week

Plus all the other junk you spend your money on whilst on holiday.. (Lilos/Rubber rings, Fruit salads from random, semi-naked, hot guys on the beach?? haha)

But yeah £400 was the perfect amount for all of us on our holiday :]

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.