Turn on thread page Beta

Postgrad Referees watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I Have Two Written References From Lecturers Which I Received When I Finished My Undergraduate Degree In 2008. The References Were Written For A Postgrad Application For A Human Rights Course.they Specifically Mentioned How I Was Suited For This Course. I Got In But I Did Not Go.
    I Want To Apply For A Postgrad Course In Psychology And I Am Too Embarrassed To Ask These Lectures For Another Reference For A Totally Different Subject. Please Advise. Do You Think I Should A- Send My Very Good But Inappropriate Old References. B-get A Reference From My Employer (job Not Related To Psychology) Or C- Grow Up And Ask The Lecturers For New References?
    (i Cant Ask Other Lectures Because I Only Had Two)

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    C, of course. Sending an old reference which was quite clearly written for another application, for a different course, is a very bad idea, and a reference from an employer who can't actually comment on your suitability for the course won't do you much good.

ReputationRep:
    If I Were In Your Position I Would Ask My Lecturers For Another Reference. they Probably Won't Even Question Why You Didn't Take Up Your Other Course.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.