Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I Have Two Written References From Lecturers Which I Received When I Finished My Undergraduate Degree In 2008. The References Were Written For A Postgrad Application For A Human Rights Course.they Specifically Mentioned How I Was Suited For This Course. I Got In But I Did Not Go.
    I Want To Apply For A Postgrad Course In Psychology And I Am Too Embarrassed To Ask These Lectures For Another Reference For A Totally Different Subject. Please Advise. Do You Think I Should A- Send My Very Good But Inappropriate Old References. B-get A Reference From My Employer (job Not Related To Psychology) Or C- Grow Up And Ask The Lecturers For New References?
    (i Cant Ask Other Lectures Because I Only Had Two)

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    C, of course. Sending an old reference which was quite clearly written for another application, for a different course, is a very bad idea, and a reference from an employer who can't actually comment on your suitability for the course won't do you much good.

ReputationRep:
    If I Were In Your Position I Would Ask My Lecturers For Another Reference. they Probably Won't Even Question Why You Didn't Take Up Your Other Course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.