Turn on thread page Beta

Girls who take profile pics with unattractive friends watch

ReputationRep:
    So that's why friends always want pictures with me? ah.

ReputationRep:
    I get told I have a weridly attractive group of friends!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

*goes off to facebook...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwentyTen)
    Were you the used friend?
    No my cousin was the used friend (she didn't know we are related)

ReputationRep:
    most of my friends are actually very pretty, but yeah people have attractive and less attractive friends! no problem with picking a photo with the latter in if you happen to look extra nice in it!

obviously some people must do it so they look nicer in comparison, but i honestly would prefer to be in a picture with a pretty friend - as long as we both looked more or less our best.

kind of a tangent here but the one thing i'd avoid is someone who looks similar to me but more attractive? like you always see on fb or wherever photos of 2 really similar blonde girls, but one is noticeably fitter.

ReputationRep:
    maybe its just a psychological thing lol

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:I think my friends are all pretty although i don't see what's so hard about cutting a picture down unless you want people to guess which one you are.

ReputationRep:
    I never do this on purpose... and I might even be the unattractive friend... I don't think many girls set out with the intention of making themselves look good by contrast. Interesting point though, I wouldn't put it past some.
    I go with photos of me and my friends, I don't pay attention to how attractive they are - they're just the people I like and value their personalities. Though men may notice differences better as they are attracted to women...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do that. It's really shallow and actually I think people don't do it on purpose. Somehow I find it difficult to believe that there are people who would take a picture with an ugly friend and then put it on TSR only because it makes them more attractive. It's ridiculous :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Dont think i'd ever do this even if my friends were ugly which there not.

ReputationRep:
    That's really mean, she'd have to be a rubbish friend to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Ive always wondered why people put pictures up of them with there mates anyway, surly it would be best to cut the mates off instead of putting pictures up on random websites they might not even know about. I know most people have facebook and stuff anyway but i still think its a matter of courtesy.

ReputationRep:
    GOD

I've seen women do this, but I didn't think it was a conscious thing...

>_<

I sincerely hope it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Collective attractiveness is the way to go :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    ugly girls are lolz
    Your sig must crack you up, then.

ReputationRep:
    i know exactly what you mean, it's called the Wilson effect, after an unfortunate mr wilson

ReputationRep:
    alot of girls don't do it on purpose..

ReputationRep:
    This is the reason why I don't let people take pictures of me. Not photogenic in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? If you're not friends with someone based on what they look like, you're not really worth the hassle are you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Your sig must crack you up, then.

I find her rather hot, actually.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.