Turn on thread page Beta

So this guy asked for my number and I went on a first date with him which ended with a kiss on the cheek from him. We texted that evening and he said Speak to you soon... but he hasn't been in touch - is that usual for a guy? He seemed pretty interested?!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So this guy asked for my number and I went on a first date with him which ended with a kiss on the cheek from him. We texted that evening and he said Speak to you soon... but he hasn't been in touch - is that usual for a guy? He seemed pretty interested?!
    How long has it been since the date? We can't really say much without the time frame

There's always the chance that something else might have come up. His phone might have died for instance.

Been two days...

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me once but snogged instead of peck on cheek. Guy was a prick tho.

maybe no credit?

av u texted him??

ReputationRep:
    It is the weekend..... my texting goes downhill over the weekend!

Been two days...
    That's not too long but it's not too short a time period either I guess. Why not text him yourself? You say he seemed quite interested in you, but how interested are you in him. Maybe getting back to him would show that you're interested in him too.

I like him alot! We talked about future plans to meet and I texted him after the date...I didn't want to keep texting him incase he thought I was being to pushy! I'm thinking as the weekend has passed, if he hasn't texted me by today I shall text him to see how his weekend went. My friend said guys don't often like to text first?

ReputationRep:
    Two days isnt very long. Is he a bit shy? If so he could be waiting to hear from you..or he could just not want to come across as too keen. If he hasnt text you by day 4 I'd send him a text. There's nothing wrong with doing that, it shows confidence and that you don't expect him to do all the chasing.

Ok so I texted him to see how his weekend was and he replied saying How strange, he had just been thinking about me! This possible? or just throwing me a line to keep me sweet...

Ok so I texted him to see how his weekend was and he replied saying How strange, he had just been thinking about me! This possible? or just throwing me a line to keep me sweet...
    We can't really tell :p: The only way you're realistically going to be able to find out is by talking to him more. It should become more clear if he likes you or not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.